Chapter 22

Kanda is feeling unsettled. She hadn't been able to sleep the whole night. She was plagued by worry and terrible thoughts. For the kingdom, for her husband, for the people, for herself, but most of all she is worried for her children. What will happen today and will the plan work. Can her brother save all of them, and will the farang keep Pinky safe from harm. And most importantly will they finally be free from that terrible man that has taken over the day to day running of the kingdom and terrorized the people of Ayutthaya.

"Good morning, my love." Rama kisses hers shoulder. "Did you sleep at all tonight?"

"I couldn't. Every time I closed my eyes I would imagine all the things that can go wrong and the bad things that can happen to us."

"I know. I couldn't sleep too. I felt you tossing and turning all night but didn't say anything, I was hoping that you will fall asleep at least a little. I didn't sleep too, my mind can't stop worrying."

"We must stay strong and keep spirit. I am sure my brother will do whatever he can, he will not give up. And the farang is strong, he killed a tiger to save Pinky, I know it in my heart that he will keep her safe and not let anything happen to her."

"I trust in your wisdom my love, you know I always have. You have been my rock, my strength for many years. I have trust in your brother and I hope that we will all survive this and that we can enjoy the rest of our lives in peace and will get to see our children live long and happy lives."

"Oh my love you are such a gentle man. We need to be strong for today and mustn't let our fears show. Be strong for me, for our kingdom, but most of all for our children."

"I will be strong. I know what needs to be done. Last night I have sent word to Anantachai that this is the most important day of the celebrations and that I want him to be by my side all day during the festivities. I even told the servants to set up a throne for him right next to mine on the platform."

"You did the right thing my love. Today we have a part to play in the plan too. We will keep the fat man close so that he will not be able to receive word of what's going on outside the city."

7