Chapter 26

The celebrations are in full swing. The large square in front of the royal palace is full of dancers that are dressed in festive colors. Music is coming from all sides, and all the people of Ayutthaya have come to join in this glorious day, and show their happiness for their king.

The king the Queen and the young prince sit on their thrones dressed in the finest gold embroidered silks, and to right hand side of Rama, Lord Anantachai keeps shifting in his chair anxiously. His mind is restless with questions. 'They should have come already.' 'Why are they late?' 'Did something go wrong?' 'Is the stupid snake playing games with me and keeping me waiting on purpose?'

"Is everything alright Lord?" Rama asks, knowing quite well what is troubling the fat man.

"I am just not used to sit on a throne and not do anything." And he adds a sinister smile.

"So what you have been craving for all these years may not turn out to be all that you imagined. Maybe you are uncomfortable because you are never meant to sit on a throne."

"Speaking of my throne, where is the lovely princess if I might ask? Is she not going to join us? After all, the people have come here in her honor."

"She will come. The servants are preparing her and she wants to look her best for her people and when she comes it will be the high point of the day."

"Remember well my king. After all this is done we will have a very serious talk about the future, the princess' future, my future, and the future of our kingdom and of all our people."

Rama is putting on a brave face, and keeps a sovereign stance, for the sake of not alerting the fat man or the people. But his heart is beating fast with worry about what is happening in the jungle outside of the city. How will this day and. Will they all be alright and will they survive and prevail. Kanda is holding his hand tightly, giving him spirit and strength as always.