Chapter 21

"I am honored to be in your presence your royal highness." Miguel takes a bow and gives Pinky a cheeky smile.

"Stop that you stupid man I was worried about you. Don't play games like this." She jumps up and hugs him tight. "I missed you so much Miki. I was afraid that I will never see you again." Tears start flooding her eyes again, but this time they come from a happy place.

"I missed you too my lovely girl. I didn't know if you felt it too. I was afraid that I was losing my mind and that I imagined the whole thing." He kisses her on the forehead and caresses the back of her head. "But when little mouse came to see me and I read your sweet words my heart was singing from happiness. I felt warm inside and this is good, this feels right."

"I'm scared." She pulls back from his embrace and sits in the corner again with her head down and her voice a mere whisper.

"Why are you scared? I read your words. You feel it too. Hey don't get all shy on me now."

"Don't tease me please. This is something new for me. You make me confused, very confused. How is it possible that I can't stop thinking about you? This is what scares me too much."

"This is all new for me as well. I can't explain it. You have awoken something in me, something very profound."

"My heart is telling me it's good but my mind is still scared."

"Awww my sweet girl, my mind is confused too. But my heart is stronger than my mind. It beats so fast when I think about you and I imagine our future. And when I am close to you I feel special and very happy."

"Your words are so sweet when you talk like this."

"When you look in to my eyes all my troubles disappear, nothing else is important, it is just you and me and there is where I want to be, that is where I belong, by your side always. This is a strange and new feeling for me. All I know is that I want to feel like this every day forever."

"You make me feel special too. With you I feel comfortable like I have known you my whole life. I fell that I can tell you anything and you'd understand. I want this feeling to last a long time. In your arms is where I belong. That is my home."

Pinky kisses him softly on the lips and hugs him tight burying her head in his wide shoulders.

"Only one kiss, all right, we have the rest of our lives to do more and more kissing."

She punches his shoulder playfully and her lips can't stop smiling. "Hey I'm still shy."

"I'm sorry, I still can't help myself you are so cute when you get shy. That is why I like teasing you."

"We are too serious and emotional tonight." She looks very comfortable now and at ease being with him. "Tell me about your homeland. I want to hear all of your stories Miki. I want to know everything about you, my sweet man."

"All right my guapa."

"I like that, it sound cute. And you are my quapo. Did I say it correctly?"

"Yes my guapa you did, my heart gets warm when you say it to me. Now I am the one who is getting shy."

Her face lights up and she starts laughing out loud. "You're funny too. I like that."

"I come from a small village in the mountains, it is called Arano. My family has five hundred sheep and a lot of other different animals. With my two brothers we would take the sheep out to the pasture for grazing. And it was so fun. We would make up our own games. We played with sticks and imagined that they are swords and that we are fighting with bad men and trying to make a princess fall in love with us. And now I have finally found my princess." kissing her cheek. "Don't punch me again I'm just teasing you."

"Tell me more I love your stories so much."

"The winters in the village were the best time of the year. We were playing in the snow, sliding down the hill and throw snow balls at each other. It was so much fun."

"What is snow?"

"Oh I always forget that people in this country don't know about it. You see in my land winter is very much different from the winter here. In the mountains it is very cold and that last for half of the year. Oh I wish I can show you what it's like, when everything around you is covered in white, the hills the trees the grass."

"What do you mean white? Is it white like your skin?"

"Sorry I get carried away and forget. No, it's not like my skin. Snow is really white, it looks like the cotton that comes from India that the craftsmen here use to make clothes out of, I am sure you have seen how cotton looks like."

"Yes I know cotton. I have seen how people spin it into thread and then weave it into canvas for which other people make our clothes. I am always curious about things like this. From when I was a child I always make my mother take me to see how people make things, all kinds of things. I love to see how people make beautiful things with their hands that is a magnificent art."

"And I love to hear your stories. When little mouse came to visit me in my cage I was always asking him to tell me stories about you and your life. I want to meet Jawwaw."

"I want you to meet her too. I saved her when she was a baby, I found her in our garden she was scared and lonely and I have been taking care of her ever since. But be careful she is always protecting me, she will bite you if you try too much naughty with me." She can't keep a straight face and bursts out laughing. "Now it's my turn to tease you."

Miguel can't stop laughing too. "I like this side of you. You are so much funny my darling. And you are so smart and always so sweet and kind. You really are all that I have been missing all my life. You complete me."

Feeling a little shy from the strong emotions that he's waking up in her heart, she changes the conversation.

"Tell me more about the snow, it sounds so strange."

"And when it's snowing it is amazing, you can imagine, it looks like the whole sky is made from cotton and it falls on everything and makes everything white and beautiful."

"It sounds wonderful, I want to see that."

"It is beautiful my sweet girl I hope that someday I can take you to see my country and all the beautiful places there."

"I would like that very much. Wherever you go my sweet man I go with you."

"But it will be very hard for you to get used to the cold. It is very cold in winter. But don't worry, I will find some warm woolen clothes to keep you warm, you will look like a bear, like one of those black and white animals in the Chinese stories, a very cute bear." He hugs her tighter and laughs at the image.

"Hey I'm not an animal." She protest and punches his chest.

"Aww my sweet girl you are the cutest little animal ever, and very lovable. Sorry I tease you too much. I don't really think you're an animal, I am kidding."

"It will be wonderful to see how winter looks like in Aruno. It really will." She is getting more and more comfortable with his, she even started to enjoy the teasing.

"And when the river and the small lake are frozen we can slide on the ice. But you need to be careful because if you fall on the ice it is very hard your cute little ass will hurt too much."

"Stop teasing me."

He just laughs and gives her a long kiss. Her lips are so soft, he is so happy he doesn't want this moment to end.

Thetwo of them had been overtaken by the special moment they were having that theydidn't even notice that Tuk had already stopped the carriage and was nowstanding in the open door and tapping Miguel's shoulder. They had beentraveling all night. The meeting place where Oun was waiting for them was notthat far but the buffalos can only pull the cart slowly and it takes longer.Tuk realizes that tapping Miguel's shoulder isn't working, and with a raisedvoice exclaims: "Good morning love birds. We have arrived."