(Thursday, February 27th, 2020)

Luke rolled his eyes at the nurse. "I can walk!"

"Sir, it's for your own safety."

Ashton put his arm on Luke's shoulder, slowly pushing him closer to the wheelchair. "Luke, sit down."

"Ashton!" He whined, crossing his arms over his chest.

The brunette asked the nurse for a moment alone. She kept her patience and nice smile, walking away with pride. Ashton wished he could control his emotions like that.

He turned to his friend, putting his mother persona on. He was not going to bow down to the tears in Luke's eyes. "Luke, sit down," he repeated.

"Ashton! It's mortifying."

"Look at your stomach Luke, it's literally all you can see. You are not going to be able to walk for an hour straight. You have four girls in there that are relying on you to keep them safe."

"I can do it myself!" He complained, holding a protective arm around his belly.

"You cannot, Luke. I promise you that, you cannot. You are not able to do this. Give up." Ashton felt like he was arguing with Bella or Ivona, it was exhausting.

Luke rolled his eyes once more, a single tear falling down his cheek. "I don't want to."

"Babe, come on. Do I need to bribe you or something?"
The blonde perked up his head, the thought of Taco Bell haunting his mind. Ashton wouldn't let him have fast food due to it being 'unhealthy'.

"Are you kidding me?"

He shook his head, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Fine, you piece of shit. We'll get your garbage food after we're done touring the maturity ward."

Luke sat down in the navy blue wheelchair, his arms still crossed over his large belly. Ash turned around, waving over the nurse once more.

It was recommended to tour the hospital that he'd be having his children in. Just a psychological comfort type of thing. It was important for Luke to be as calm as possible from the first contraction to the second he leaves the hospital a week or so later.

Knowing his surroundings before he was rushed to surgery was a fairly good start.

The nurses guided them to the elevator, telling the two men all about the history of the hospital and what their mission is. Luke wasn't really listening, he didn't care for any of it. He just wanted to go home and eat. And bond with Taco. And wait for Michael to come home.

Ashton flicked Luke's shoulder when he noticed the blonde dazing off and looking at the ground.

The blue eyed boy looked up, trying to pretend he was listening the entire time. He looked at the spotless floors, the aesthetically pleasing paintings hung to a pristine, the large windows at the end of each hallway.

"You're having four, right? Or five?" The nurse asked in a soothing tone. She had a nice voice, warming the air.

"Four," he paused, "Is it possible to have five?"

"I've seen it quite a few times. Quite scary, but possible. I've even seen octuplets once. That was something new." She turned the corner, still talking on about the maternity floor.

"How long do you think I'll need to stay here?"

She stopped at the end of the hallway, turning Luke around and preparing to walk the way back. "It depends. You've made it past thirty weeks—which most quadruplets don't—so it already looks healthy. You could be a quick week recovery."

"It doesn't hurt, though, right?"

"Luke, come on. We have had this conversation," Ashton interrupted before she could respond.

He whined once more, "I want to hear it from her!"

She let out a quick chuckle as they started down the well lit hallway once more. "You shouldn't feel actual pain once we start the C-sections. There will be a lot of discomfort and soreness, but you'll be okay."

Ashton started to tell the nurse about his adventures of having the twins as Luke fazed out again. Michael needed to be in that room with him holding his hand, but with his busy schedule and the thought of the twins coming early didn't give Luke much confidence.