Portland, Oregon (Wednesday, August 7th, 2019)

Luke stands in front of the full-length mirror by the front door. "I shouldn't be this fat," he tells his husband.

Michael rolled his eyes. "You're not fat." He reached into his bag, pulling out a white tee shirt with some band logo on the front. He pulled it over his upper half, cuffing the sleeves as he stood next to Luke.

"I am," Luke responded. He lifted up the black tee shirt he was wearing, squeezing at the bottom of his stomach.

Michael leant down, pecking the skin with his lips. "Beautiful." He turned around, looking at himself once more. He spotted a stain of ketchup on the seam. This was probably a sign that he needed to do laundry. Mike took off the shirt, digging through his luggage bag again and pulling out other possible clothing choices.

Luke shook his head as he sucked in his stomach then breathed. He pulled at the skin all over his torso. "And I have boobs, now. I don't want boobs!" He teared up, collapsing against the wall behind him.

Michael scrunched up his eyebrows, dropping the shirt in his hand and standing in front of Luke. He picked up Luke's hands, his lips ghosting over the knuckles. "Hey, I've always been a boob guy."

"That's not funny!" Luke pulled back his hands, wiping at his eyes. The surrounding skin was red as his face scrunched up. He has such an ugly crying face, but Michael decided right now wasn't the time to make fun of him.

"Babe, come on. It's okay. You know I'm gonna love your body no matter what happens. If you gain twenty, lose twenty, stay the same. Whatever you do, I'm gonna love every bit of you." Michael took his hands again, rubbing over the knuckles he kissed only seconds ago.

Luke shook his head from left to right, "I don't want to be fat."

"There's a mini you and me in there," Mike poked at his stomach, "We've got let them be all cushy and comfortable, you know?" Michael leant down, leaning against his knees. He poked at his own stomach. "Look, I've got a tummy, too. But, you still love me with my tummy."

Luke looked up at him, the words falling from his mouth taking him back to a place he's left behind. He was taken to their first real date, he could feel the sand on his toes, the sun on his skin. "I told you you were fat," Luke said. He broke down into more tears, "Fuck, why haven't you left me yet?"

Michael tried not to laugh at his sad state of mind. "Baby, you never called my fat, and I would never leave you, even if you did."

"I told you that you had a tummy three years ago, Mikey! That was so mean!"

Mike reached over, pulling the grey muscle tee hanging loose out of his bag and pulled it over his bare body. "That was three years ago, I don't even remember what our room number is today, baby."

Luke pulled Michael close, wrapping his arms around his neck as he pulled him in. Mike had to steady himself, his hands holding him up from the ground as he let Luke embrace him.

"I'm sorry I was mean."

"You were never mean, Luke." Michael didn't like the sensitize, self-hating Luke he was seeing before him. "Even if you were fat, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm a little heavy, and that's okay. There's nothing wrong with it."

Luke let him go. "You aren't fat." He looked up at him with big blue eyes, tears still streaming down his cheeks.

Michael looked up at the clock ticking above their heads. "Lukey, I don't think you're emotionally stable right now. Why don't you stay here while I go to sound check?"

"I'm fine!" He yelled.

Mike stood up, holding out a hand and grabbing Luke's slim fingers. He pulled him up, standing behind him and pushing him towards the mirror. He hugged him from behind, resting his head on Luke's shoulder. He was lucky his husband slouched, or else he wouldn't have been able to be all cute and cuddly at all time with him.

He tilted Luke's head up, their eyes meeting in the reflection. "I think you're beautiful."

"You always say that." Luke pouted, his bottom lip jutted out as he looked down at his bare feet once more.

"Well, it's always been true," Mike said, "I think you're so much more than beautiful. You're so beautiful that you put a twelve-time Grammy nominee speechless for words." Michael kissed his cheek. "I am lucky to have you—and our new addition—in my life."

Luke whimpered out a cry, he was so in love yet so conflicted.