Anchorage, Alaska (Sunday, July 21st, 2019 - Thursday, August 1st, 2019)

7:39 p.m.

Luke opened his weary eyes, his eyesight fuzzing in and out. He started to roll over, only to fall back on the sheets.

Michael lifted his head as he looked up from his computer. He pulled out an earbud, pausing his game of Sims. "Go back to sleep," he calmly said. Mike placed a hand over Luke's sweating head, feeling warmth radiate below the skin like one million suns. "You're burning up."

The blonde licked over his chapped lips. "Water," he cried out. He opened one eye, looking at his husband with the saddest eyes he could manage.

Mike laughed as he reached over, handing him the water he's been drinking from. "Are you feeling better?"

It was a break, a good few days. Michael and Luke wanted to complete their fifty states, and took the first plane to Alaska. The first of many planes. They watched the sun rise from their plane, then Mike watched Luke pass out in their hotel sheets. It's been almost an entire day, and the boy can barely get up to pee.

Luke took small sips of the warm water bottle in his hand before rolling over slowly. He moaned with pain from swallowing and rolling and simply living. He laid his head on Michael's arm, wiping his nose on his tee shirt.

"You're disgusting."

He was already asleep.

10:47 p.m.

Michael stood in the doorway brushing his teeth. He leant against the wooden beam, looking over at Luke with sad eyes. They were going to go see the northern lights tonight, but Luke can't sit up.

Luke looked at him, pouting his lower lip. "I'm sorry," he apologized for the fifth time.

"It's okay, really." He turned around, spitting into the sink. Mike jumped back into bed, tucking the light white sheets around his warm body. Luke claimed to be cold, even though he was sweating like a marathon runner. "Is there anything you need before we go to bed?"

Luke muffled out a quick "No." He cuddled into Michael's side once more, claiming his spot he's held for many years. "Sorry for ruining your day."

"We needed a good day or two to sleep, anyways." He leant over, turning off the bed-side light. He sat back down, pressing a quick kiss to Luke's head.

This was the earliest they've gone to sleep since they were fourteen years old.

5:53 a.m.

Michael had his eyes closed, his world in a peaceful darkness. He was awake, he was awaken from his dark slumber and he didn't appreciate it.

Mike opened his eyes, gathering his surroundings in the dark. His eyes didn't adjust, but he noticed an absence of his partner. His hands scanned the right side of the bed, confused at where Luke could've gone. He wasn't even able to move twelve hours ago.

Luke whimpered Michael's name from the bathroom louder. He's been sitting on the cold tile floors for a good half hour calling out for his lover. But, Michael quite liked his sleep.

The blue-haired boy scooted out of bed. He paused with one foot on the ground, waiting to hear his name again. Sometimes, he wasn't sure if it was in reality or just in his head. In a hazy state of half-asleep, Michael wasn't really sure of anything.

He heard his name again, a whimper of a cry in between the syllables.

The younger boy rushed out of bed, rounding the corner to the bathroom. He flicked on the light switch, watching the blonde shrink into the corner more. 
Luke sat between the toilet and bathtub, his messy hair and heavy head leaning uncomfortably on the cold material of the oval-shaped tub. He squinted his eyes and scrunched up his nose as he pulled his legs closer to his body. "I don't feel good," he whimpered.

Michael walked closer, leaning down to feel his forehead again. "What hurts?"

"Everything."

Mike picked him up, one hand below his knees, the other under his arms. "Are you done vomiting?"

He nodded, resting his head into Michael's chest. Every time he swallowed, it felt like needles were falling down his throat. He gripped on to the collar of Mike's shirt. His feet swung back and forth as he was carried back to bed.

"How much pain are you in?"

"Eleven."

"On a ten scale?" Michael stood up on his knees, his eyes scanning over Luke. He didn't have much color in his face, his lips stayed dry. He was breathing from his mouth, his nose a faded red. His eyes were drooping, his body laying limp.

"I think I'm dying."

"You're not dying."

12:06 p.m.

Michael brushed his fingertips over Luke's bony back. His fingers went over every single bump of the boy's spine. After deciding he was burning up, Luke stripped down to just his neon green briefs.

Mike didn't make fun of him too much.

Michael found out that Luke whined in his sleep. He'd complain about something (usually his head or throat or life), then when Mike would respond, he'd start to snore. Michael could carry out conversations with an asleep man.

Luke rolled over, his back roughly hitting the sheets and taking the blanket off of Michael. He placed his hand over his stomach, clutching his ribs before letting out a deep snore.

8:11 p.m.

"I think he's dead," Michael said quietly into the phone.

Calum rolled his eyes, even though the other boy couldn't see. "Did you poke him?" He dipped his spoon into the ice cream carton.

Mike stuck out his index finger, jabbing it harshly into the pale boy's ribs. Luke rolled over, shielding himself from Michael's poking. "Never mind, he moved."

Cal dipped his finger in the chocolate ice cream, wiping it on the top of Bella's nose. She laughed, doing the same to her father. "What are his symptoms?"

Michael switched ears on his phone. "His head hurts, I think. His throat hurts, too, I know that for sure. I think it's just a cold or something."

"Just let him sleep it off. If he's not better by Wednesday, then we'll figure out something."

"I know, but, we were supposed to, like, do stuff. It's our vacation and I wanted to show him the northern lights and the forest and the outside world. You know how hard it is to get him outside."

Calum closed the ice cream container, shushing his girls when they complained. He put it back in their hotel freezer before sitting on the couch. Bella automatically claimed a seat next to him, her head leaning on his arm. "You get what you get and you don't get upset. Right, girls?"

"Were you talking to me?"

"The girls are right here, and I get bonus points when I teach them lessons."

Mike laughed. "You just wanna get blown by Daddy Ash, don't you?"

"Fuck you."

(a/n) i was indeed sick when i wrote this