(Thursday, April 2nd, 2020)

Michael was never much of a crier. The first few times he left for tour, he let a few tears drop, then there were a few lonely nights where he just needed a hug. But, he hasn't truly sobbed since the first time he met Luke—when Dr. Ren wouldn't let his sassy comments pass and Luke stalked Michael back to his apartment.

As Michael lifted up his luggage bag, looking at Luke carrying Lu while the other three were in carriers on Ashton and Cal's dining room table, he couldn't help but begin to cry. He really didn't want to leave his husband and three-week-old children thousands of miles away.

Cal patted him on the back before leaning down, embracing his own two girls.

Michael didn't know how Calum could do this, Mike felt like he was about to be ill. He looked at the four sleeping angels and his heart tear into pieces.

Luke hobbled over, still holding Lu tightly to his chest. Luke leant in, kissing Michael's cheeks. "It'll be alright."

"I don't want to go," he whispered, his bottom lip quivering.

Luke let a small smile fall, "You'll be home soon, yeah? Then a break for the next album."

Michael nodded his head as he took a step back, wiping at his eyes with the bend of his wrist. "I'll be home soon."

"Go be my sugar daddy," Luke joked.

Michael cracked a smile, the only smile that would truly appear upon his lips for the next few weeks. There was just something about Luke that completed Michael. Luke was truly his better half, his missing piece, his happily ever after.

Calum hugged his two girls tighter, waiting for the squeals of being smothered in love. "I love you two so, so, so much."

"We love you more!" Bella giggled, kissing her father's stubble.

"Let go, Dad!" Ivona wiggled from his strong arms, smiling a sunshine smile once finally free from his hugs.

"You think you can fit in my suitcase?" He whispered to Bella, knowing Ash was watching his every move. "Come on, Bell, don't tell Daddy." Calum lifted her up in the air, pretending to throw her upon the couch, straight into his open suit case. She giggled with joy as her father tickled her.

Ashton rolled his eyes, but couldn't help to smile. And internally cry.

Luke cried when his man left, because even though the babies were gone from his womb, he was still a fragile baby. Ashton put him to sleep around the same time as the two girls, promising to take care of Lu, Mel, Amanda, and Vanny. The four girls were a handful.

One wakes up, they all wake up.

Ashton didn't mind too badly though. There was something about their tiny-ness that just caused him to smile. Their little noses and pale skin. They were adorable.

He didn't mind staying until four in the morning until Mel finally went to bed—that little one wasn't really in for the whole sleeping thing. Ash didn't really care when Mel would try to swat at him or refuse to be held.

Ashton made up his mind at some ungodly hour when he was holding Vanny that he definitely wanted to try again for baby number three. He was ready, he was finally ready.

Life was okay.