New trouble

Jessie’s point of view

Chapter three

Logan and I are walking down the now empty hall, and someone catches my attention.

We are exactly passing by the girls’ bathroom when I glance at the reflection of a girl looking at herself in the mirror.

She looks familiar but I don’t remember from where exactly I have met her.

When Logan catches me staring, he turns around to see what or who I was staring at.

“Who is her? I remember her from somewhere, but I don’t know exactly from where” – I say with doubt to Logan.

“She” – he pauses – “She’s Lorelei; JJ” – He says slowly.

“Lorelei Cole?” – I ask my voice lacing with doubt and concern

“Yes JJ, she is, I’m one hundred percent sure.”

 “How? I mean what is she …?” – I say unsure.

“I really don’t know either, just, don’t worry ok? Everything will be fine!” – says Logan trying to reassure things to me.

“It’s just that I don’t want any more trouble, you know with …”

“I know J, just trust him and yourself that there won’t be any more” – he says reassuringly again

“It’s not me or him who I don’t trust” – I say mad

“I know, just be patient, ok? Besides you aren’t in such good terms, in fact, I’m not quite sure what the two of you are now.”

“Me neither Lo, me neither.”

Why did she have to arrive? What could possibly bring her back here?

My train of possible reasons and questions to why she is back here at school again stop just at the loud sound of her five inches stilettos approach us.

“Well isn’t this baby JJ. How have you been kiddo? Have you miss my beautiful been?” –She asks with a tone of arrogance in her voice.

“Not at all Lorelei, in fact everything, and I believe, everyone, were better without you” – I say with happiness

“Why so happy? May I ask” – she says bitterly

“Oh, you may, my dear” – I sigh to add dramatically effects – “It’s just that you being here, means that you were dumb enough to fail senior year” – I pause – “Twice” – I pause again – “And that your dear love Carlos, happen to dump you for A, another tramp, or B, just because he realized you were the worst example of dump and tramp together” – I say arrogantly this time.

She seems shock at the potency and truth in my words, and after a few seconds she answers uneasy.

“That’s not true, stop lying Jessie”

“Whatever lets you sleep at night” – I pause coming closer to her – “BABY” – I say emphasizing each and every syllable.

“I’m telling the true, stop it liar.”

“Sure” – I say inspecting her up and down – “But one advice between me and you” – I pause – “You should look at yourself before you call someone else a liar and you should know not to tell a lie” – I say getting close enough to whisper to her – “See you around coward” – I say out loud

With that being said, I turn around and walk away in the direction of the principal’s office.

Though I had a weird relationship with my sister, even after all the things we’ve been through, I thanked her for all the thing she had thought me, being one of the things always being prepared to have good comebacks, and not allow the others to have the upper hand. I could never hate my sister, I loved her over all.