Red Carpet Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

" She's very nice," I whisper quietly, talking about Taylor.

He looks at me," Who Taylor? Yeah, she's the best." He looks away, a huge smile on his lips.

I'm taken aback by his kind words. He said I was goregous, but all eyes are on her, and he couldn't even think of me when he was talking to her. Am I overreacting or is it respectful to acknowledge your girlfriend, the same girl who invited you to the awards show in the first place. I quickly let it slip from my mind, but Finn noticed my discomfort.

He rolls his eyes," I thought it wasn't a big deal. Damned if I do, and damned if I don't, Clarke. I can't ever win with you," he lets go of my hand, sitting on the other side of his seat. He pouts like a seven year old.

I take a deep breath," I was just thinking, why you couldn't just introduce me." After no response, I took his hand, slipping my fingers between his," It's fine, really, I'm sorry I overreacted."

He shrugs," Thank you. I will introduce you again later. Maybe we'll run into her at the after party at Chancello's."

I sit up straighter," What? The after party? We discussed this; we agreed not to go."

He laughs, running his finger over his lip. He gives me a short look, quietly mumbling," You agreed not to go. I have business to do there, Clarke."

" You didn't tell me that," I responded, moving closer to hear him over the chatter of the growing crowd.

" You never listen, babe. It doesn't matter, we can talk about this later in the car, okay?" The lights start to dim and the music grows louder than before. He takes my hand, holding it to his lips and giving a quick peck. I stare at him with amazement. How could he just desregard everything I thought? Did he not value my opinion at all?

I carefully took a deep breath, and forgot about the discussion, letting myself have a great time at the awards show.

I had been already told that my movie, The Vineyard, a romantic comedy, had won the award for best comedy. It had starred many well-known actors, but I was the main character; and also a producer on set.

Cara Delevingne struts across the stage, wearing a beautiful floral gown, holding the card for the next award: Best Comedy. She cracks a scripted joke, and announces the nominations. Videos of the nominations flash across the screens and I watch the crowd laughing at the short scenes. Finn points when my scene is shown. That scene was an audience favorite, the typical boating incident scene.

Cars opens the card, flashing a funny smile. She reads," And the winner is...The Vineyard!" She steps away from the microphone, clapping her hands. I stand from my seat along with the director and a few of my cast members. I kiss Finn's cheek, and I briefly shake hands with fellow cast members. I gracefully make my way up the steps, following the trail to the microphone. Cara smiles, and I lean in for a hug. She hands me the award, and I smile into the cameras.

I speak into the microphone, laughing," This award is actually a lot heavier than you would actually think." The crowd chuckles and I cough, continuing," I'd like to thank everyone who voted for The Vineyard, it definitely goes to show how hard work pays off. I know everyone who worked on this movie, gave it their all. Everyone worked so well together, and there was never a dull moment on set. The cast was phenomenal, and all the people you don't see on camera, Kenny Williams, Bridget Carlson, Quinn Stone, Peter Warstine, and so many more, just thank you all for your hard work and dedication; we couldn't of done it without you!" I waved the award in the air, returning to my seat.

As I sit back down, setting the award at my feet, Finn whispers," That was a great speech, babe. You killed it."

I smile, resting my head on his shoulder," I'm glad I didn't trip, those steps are pretty steep."

He laughs," How come you didn't mention me?"

" What? In my speech?" I laugh, trying to give him my focus but still also paying attention to the announcer.

He nods," Yeah, I was there for all your late nights and supported you when you were stressed, I hope that didn't go un-noticed." He sounds hurt, and seems offended.

I nod," You know I was given a script from Kelly, it wasn't optional."

He nods in response," You would've mentioned me if you could, I understand."

I looked away, giving my attention to the next entertainer and their concert. Finn squeezed my hand, gazing at me.

I smiled," On second thought, maybe the after party won't be so bad. I think I'll join you."

He leans forward, kissing my cheek," I knew you would eventually give in, thanks, babe."

I faked a smile, and nodded. It would be good for appearance to be at the party, I thought, but I wasn't going to burst Finn's ego-bubble. It would only hurt his pride if I had confessed my agreeing to go wasn't entirely because of him. Just let it be, Clarke, and all will be okay.

Author's Note:

I HOPE YOU LIKE & CONTINUE READING!

Thoughts???

Vote, Comment, and Follow!