Chapter 32

Kelsey's POV

It was finally the day of my graduation. My dad had completely ignored me the past couple days. Maybe it was the simple fact that he finally knew what I had been up to but in my defense, I haven't talked Justin really and Troy wasn't anyone but someone to make Justin mad. It was wrong but at this point I really didn't care. Justin felt what I felt when he broke my heart into two. Maybe I was being too emotional and wrapped around Justin but I truly did care and love him as weird as that sounds. I stared at myself in the mirror in which I had my gown on now. I was officially done with high school and I was off to do bigger and better things with my life. My wedges were strapped and my dress was a plain white dress that showed my curves and all. I gulped before moving a strand of my straighten hair behind my ear before walking to my door and down my stairs. I saw my parents along with my grandparents. I was going to be coming back to my house to have a graduation party with my secondary family who couldn't make it to my actual graduation. My grandparents continued to congratulate me as we walked to the cars. Our graduation was held at the University of Miami's gymnasium. I got in the back seat of my mom's Land Rover. My mom got in the passenger side as my dad got into the driver's seat. If it wasn't for my mom, our car ride would have been boring and odd. I loved my dad. Him and I used to be best friends growing up but lately me and him didn't see eye to eye on everything. I just wished he would finally understand what Justin had gone through, how Justin has mental illnesses. I mean Justin can't control his anger very well and well sometimes it gets the better of him. He had a fucked up a childhood but every time I tried to explain Justin to my dad, he would always ignore me and walk away like he could careless. We finally arrived and as we got out. I saw Camila who was smiling at me in her gown and she already put her cap on. She looked adorable. I was about to walk to her when I felt my dad drag me back. Me and him were eye to eye now.

"I am proud of you kiddo and I know you will go on to college with a good mind on your shoulders. I am really sorry about controlling you like this. You are my little girl, always will be and you might think I am trying to protect just you but I care about Justin as crazy as that sounds. I know his family background isn't the greatest and some of that has shit to do with him being the way he is. I have dealt with him a long time and I know everything he did was his anger mental illnesses overcoming him but the government doesn't see it like that and he signed an agreement after I told him he shouldn't but a government signed paper is like a contract for eternity and its rarely for it to get uplifted but Justin has to get it uplifted. Not you or anybody else. Himself. I'm protecting him from going back to prison and protecting you from him. So please just enjoy this day because you did it. 13 years of public education. I am proud of you." My dad said as his eyes were finally the eyes of my dad that I remember. They were soft and caring.

I hugged my dad tightly not knowing what to say. Shocked at everything he had just told me about knowing about Justin. He knew everything about Justin and why he is the way he is. He then walked towards the entrance as I walked to the graduate doors. I see Camila as I hugged her tightly.

"We did it." Camila squealed. 

"I know. I am actually shocked." I said with a giggle.

I hear Kaylee's voice, "Hi best friends." She said hugging us both.

Camila had a smug on her face at the fact she hated Kaylee and her brother.

"So you still coming to my graduation party? A lot of people are coming." She cheered.

"Uhm.." I said looking at Camila who still looked at Kaylee with disgust, I looked back at Kaylee. "Yeah we are." 

"Great. See you girls there." She smiled as she walked away proudly.