25. Cat Got Ya Tongue

Kirsten's nerves went into overdrive as she stood beside the stage. From her view she could see the whole crowd. Her friend Ava gave her a big grind and Samantha gave her a quick wave.
"Now the moment you've been all waiting for." The Mayor laughed. "The Speech!"
Where's Morgan with my speech?! She thought to herself. She had sent a million text messages asking for her speech but she hadn't got a respond. She wondered if Morgan flaked on her just to get back at her. If she couldn't give the speech then nobody can. It was something she could see her sister actually doing.
"Now we all know this young lady's family." The Mayor continued. Kirsten's heart to throb and she wondered if was noticeably through her dress. "Her mother Paige is the superintendent of the school and her father Xavier is the town lawyer." Her cheeks started to blush and her head begin to spin.
"Kirsten! There you go.!" Her sister ran up on her.
Just in time. Kirsten thought.
"Where have you been?" Kirsten scowled snatching the paper from her sister's hand. "I've been texting you all night."
"I'm sorry." Morgan snarled. "It's just a speech."
"It might be a speech to you," Kirsten started. "But it's very important to me!" She turned and faced the stairs that led up to the podium. "Make yourself useful and go watch from the crowd."
"Bitch." Her sister mumbled as she stormed off. She didn't care for her sisters attitude, it seemed that she tried to sabotage but at least she got here.
"With no further introduction ladies and gentlemen," The Mayor exclaimed. "I give you Ms. Kirsten Reeves."
Kirsten took a deep breath as she took small steps up on against the steps. She heard the crowd burst into cheer and an applause swept the whole venue. She got onto the podium and faced the crowd. Her face cringed up with the bright lights shining in eyes.
She took and deep breath. You got this! She thought to herself. "Good evening ladies & gentlemen of Springshaven." She looked deeper into the crowd and saw her mother biting down on her lip. She knew how much this speech meant to her, she wanted to continue the "family reputation". Whatever that really meant.
"And welcome to the 50th Mayor's Gala." Kirsten continued. "Isn't this a lovely event?" The crowd roared in applause and cheer. Her eyes darted over to Ava where she gave a warm smile and big thumbs up. Kirsten read a few lines ahead into her speech before saying anything else: this event has allowed me to show that I honestly don't want to be here and I rather be sleeping in my bed.
What in the world! Kirsten screamed in her head. This isn't my speech! Her eyes flew a few paragraphs down: and in conclusion, I say fuck this town, fuck this event, and fuck you. Good night. Her speech had been sabotaged. Kirsten gasped knocking the microphone into a speaker sending feedback into the ears of recipients. She looked to find her sister. This had Morgan's name written all over it. That bitch! Kirsten thought to herself. Her sister gave her a death stare laughing at her mouthing the words "check mate bitch" before leaving. The crowd yelled in horror covering their ears. Little droplets of tears fell down to her face before she ran off stage into the bathroom. Ava and Samantha followed behind her for comfort support. Ellie slipped in behind them just be nosey.
Kirsten held her head over the sink letting the tears rush down her face.
"Kirsten what the hell happened out there?" Ava rushed in beside her. "You completely froze up there!"
"It was my speech!" Kirsten sobbed uncontrollably.
"Your what?" Samantha asked because she barely could understand what Kirsten was saying. Kirsten threw them her sabotaged speech so they could read. Ellie slipped inside the bathroom unnoticeable. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." Kirsten sniffled. "Who are you again?"
"I'm Ellie," she responded. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
More tears rushed down her face and her sobbing came again.
"Who would do this?" Samantha asked.
Kirsten took a good thought before answering. She didn't want to expose her sister to be a back stabbing bitch. "I don't know."
"I'm here for you." Ava threw her arm over Kirsten's shoulder.
"Me too." Samantha chimed in.
This was the perfect moment for Ellie to find that group of friends she always needed. "Me three, even though you don't know me." Ellie slipped inside the hug real quick. The girls consoled each other before the lights flick off.
"Alright who did that?" Samantha yelled.
"Wasn't me." Kirsten sniffled.
"Me either." Ava chimed. "Was it you Ellie?"
"'No." Ellie spoke.
"Then who then?" Kirsten sniffled again. The girls gripped got tighter to keep safety.
"Is there anybody else in here?" Samantha yelled. The lighters begin to flicker. Each girl let out a quick scream before the finally flicked on.
"Is everybody okay?" Ava asked.
They all agreed.
"Guys look at the mirror!" Kirsten begin to sob.
Each girl gasped as they read the following words on the mirror: it's just the beginning. Muah ;*