14. The Start of Something New

Ellie sat in the passenger seat looking at the stars as Nathan drove to the theater.
"You okay?" He asked. "You've been quiet the whole ride here." She would objected to that but he was true. Since he had picked her up from her house, she had been giving him the cold shoulder. She didn't mean to but she was nervous and when's nervous, she wasn't much of a talker.
"I'm fine." She replied quickly. "Just been thinking that's all."
"About what?" He turned down the radio. "You can tell me." He gave her a glance that made Ellie feel like she was safe around him. "I'm here for you."
"It's just family stuff, you wouldn't want to hear about that." She shot out again.
"Trust me, I know all about having family issues." He replied. "Both my parents not being around much was filled with problems."
"Seriously?" Her eye brow raised.
"Hell yeah," he answered. "Unbearably silence, closed doors, nothing more then a whisper, plus my dad stepping out on the marriage just made it worse."
"Your dad cheated?" She dropped her jaw. Wow, he has it worse then me. She thought to herself. She never figured that being the only child could result to so much.
"Yeah, and had a kid too," he chuckled. "He was just in a messed up place. I don't blame him."
"I thought you were the only child?" She asked.
"I am, on my moms side." He answered. "I don't really claim her because I don't really know her."
"Oh I understand." She sighed. "And I thought I had it worse."
"Tell me about it," he glanced at her.
"Well, my brother Myles just came back from the military in a surprise to my whole family." She started. "But then he told us he got a job here and then his new girlfriend Riley showed up to my door which resulted in him telling us she's a few months pregnant. Now my family practically doesn't even speak each other and yeah that's it."
"Wow," he chuckled. "She showed up to your house? Unannounced and everything?"
"Yes," she smiled. "Now my parents don't even speak to him, he's basically the black sheep of the family." It was glad she finally got to tell someone. She had struggle with keeping that type of information to herself and was glad that Nathan was there for her when she needed him. The two pulled inside the parking lot of theater.
"Have you chose a movie?" She asked.
"Yeah, that new zombie movie Infected." He smiled. "You don't mind do you?"
"No, i love zombie movies." She smiled back. He grabbed her hand and led her to the ticket booth. Her heart throb as she felt his warm clammy hands press against her cold palms. She was started to grow in her feelings closer to him and was wondering if he felt the same. The two grabbed their tickets and bucket of pop corn and ran to their seats. The lights dimmed and they got snugged in their own seats.
"I've been waiting to see this movie since forever." Nathan smiled. "What about you?"
"It seemed interesting in the previews." She whispered. "Let's just hope it looks the same." The large tv started with the opening credits with screams following. Ellie glanced over to Nathan, a bright smiled was placed on his face and she could tell he was intrigued. She slid her fingers inside Nathan hands.
"What are you doing he asked?" His face turned to his.
She tried to slide her fingers back out but he held on. "I never said let go."
She gave him a cute smile and snuggled up under his arm. Her heart melted into little drops. His little chin hairs scratched the top of her forehead but she didn't mind. It was perfect.