9. Uninvited Attention

Ava carried her book bag as she dragged her tired body to the exit door. It was the end of her first day and she wanted to go to sleep.
"Ava!" Kirsten called as she ran up behind her.
Damn she just won't quit. She thought to herself.
"Hey what happened to you at lunch?" Kirsten asked.
"Got held up." Ava lied. She snuck past her and ate her lunch in the girls bathroom. Great way to start her first day.
"Oh bummer." Kirsten put her hands on her hips. "Just was wondering if you were still up for that offer to come over?"
Should I? She thought to herself. I mean she has been the only one to really want to be my friend.
"Sure, why not." Ava agreed.
"Great come with me," Kirsten cheered. "Our ride awaits." Kirsten grabbed Ava's hand and dragged down the hallway until they were out in the student parking lot. The bright sun make Ava's eyes squint but nothing stopped her seeing the white Mustang parked infront them.
"Kirsten hurry the hell up would you." A female shot out. "Who's your friend?"
"That's my older sister Morgan." Kirsten mumbled. "No family resemblance at all."
Ava slipped in the backseat and made eye contact with Morgan. Her dark piercing eyes gave Ava a sudden chill.
"Morgan, this is Ava." Kirsten said as she buckled her seatbelt. "Ava this is my sister Morgan."
"Hi," Ava whispered. Morgan gave her a nod as they sped out the parking lot.
Ava pressed her back against the seat and held on the seatbelt as Morgan's reckless driving continued.
This is not how I want to die. She thought to herself. Can she slow down just alittle? The car was abrupt end as they pulled up to a red light.
"So how did you meet my sister?" Morgan asked.
"Ava you don't have to answer that." Kirsten looked back at her.
"Let the girl speak." Morgan suggested.
"It's fine." Ava cracked alittle smiled.
Kirsten crossed her arms. "If you want to know so bad, we met this morning in homeroom."
"Can the girl speak for herself?" Morgan raised an eyebrow.
"She probably don't want to speak to you." Kirsten said. "She barely knows you."
The car proceeded into her neighborhood.
"Do you like it here, Ava?" Morgan asked.
"It's fine," Ava answered. "Still trying to figure it out."
"That's good," Morgan responded.
They passed a few houses until they pulled into a gray paved driveway. Long white pillars helped formed the roof that extended to back of the house.
Wow. Ava thought to herself. This totally beats my blue shack.
"Don't you live there?" Kirsten pointed to her dark blue small home. "It's cute."
"Thank you." Ava mumbled as she stepped on to the warm grass. They cut through the garage and entered inside the kitchen.
"We're home!" Kirsten yelled before she grabbed an apple from the counter. "Want anything?"
"U-uh no." Ava stumbled. Footsteps came closer before the finished.
"Kirsten how many times have I told you-"
"Mom there's company." Kirsten gestured to Ava.
Paige Reeves had a on a matching top and bottom Blue business suit, her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her face painted nice with light make up. Kirsten and Morgan both resemble their mother greatly.
"Mom this is Ava," Kirsten said. "She just moved in across the street.
"Well hello," Her mom extended her hand out for a handshake. "I'm Paige but you can call me Mrs.Reeves."
"Hello Mrs.Reeves," Ava firmly shook her hand. "Your home is beautiful."
"Thank you," Paige smiled. "If only my daughters would keep it that way."
"Mom," Kirsten mumbled. "Where's dad?"
"At a meeting." Paige checked her watch. "That just reminded me, I need to go." She grabbed her suit case and headed for the door.
"Where are you going?" Kirsten questioned. "Don't you want to hear about my first day?"
"I have no time, maybe later tonight." Her mom said. "It was nice meeting you again. I have to go love you." Before they knew she was gone.
Kirsten pouted her lip. "Come on I'll show you to my room." They both jogged up the steps entering Kirsten's room.
Double wow. Ava thought. Just when I thought she couldn't out wow, she did it.
"Wow," Ava whispered.
Kirsten plopped on her bed. "You like?"
Ava dropped her bag on the floor and slid into the fluffy chair beside the large window. "I love. Your parents must make a fortune."
"Something like that, my mom is the superintendent at the school and my dad is a lawyer."
"Wow," Ava looked around.
"What about your parents?"
"Well my mom lives in Nevada, and well my dad.." Her voice trailed off. "He's in the government."
"He probably makes good money." Kirsten stated.
I wish. Ava thought to herself as she flipped through acouple magazines.