19. Lean on Me

Samantha let her back hit against the cold seats. Ryan sat across from her with a cheerful smile looking at the menu. "Have you seen anything that might like?" Samantha couldn't even think about eating from all that's happen in her life. Her mom and dad getting divorce, her mom becoming broke, and to top it all off she kissed her best friends boo.
"No," she replied. "Not even that hungry!" She closed the menu and sipped on her mango tea.
"Why girl?" Ryan gave her a sympathetic look. "Are you depressed?"
Depressed? She thought to herself. I mean no, not really.
"No Ryan." She mumbled. "Just going through a lot."
"Girl tell me about it," Ryan chuckled. "My parents have been going through rough times and I'm just finding out about it."
Rough times? She pondered. Is that why her mom is still in Puerto Rico?
"But I can't complain," Ryan sighed. "They told me they were gonna work on it." Ryan took another sip of her water.
"Well that's good." She gave Ryan fake smile. She was happy that her best friend was getting her family back together but it also made her wish that maybe that could of been her family. Instead jumping for a divorce maybe they could of went to counseling or maybe took a break. Just to give Samantha some hope that she could have her perfect family again.
"How is your family?" Ryan asked. "Because I saw your dad but he wasn't with your mom."
"He wasn't?" Ryan gave her a puzzling look. "Who was she?"
"I don't know," Ryan shrugged. "From what I saw she was young in the face, and had an amazing body. She looked as if she could our age."
Is this why my dad is leaving us? She thought. For someone who practically was my age.
"I'm going to talk to him." She growled. "He isn't gonna leave us for someone who's probably my-"
"Woah there cow girl!" Ryan interrupted. "Before you go and attack him, get some background information before you look stupid."
"You're right." Samantha agreed. She didn't want to jump down her dad's throat without having actual proof of the relationship.
"And did you say he left y'all?" Ryan asked.
"Huh?" Samantha was still trying to get mind together from what she was just told.
"Samantha, are you and your parents getting a divorce?"
Samantha's head sat still before she could answer. "Yes." She let her head and tears began to fall. "And I feel terrible because it doesn't have to be this way."
"You shouldn't feel terrible." Ryan squeezed beside her in the booth giving her a hug. "This isn't your fault!"
More tears drained down her face before she could respond. "I just want my family back."
"That's not your move to call," Ryan said "it's your parents, they need to realize it for themselves." Ryan slid a napkin to her allowing her to clean herself up.
"I'm here for you." Ryan sipped her water again.
"Thank you." Samantha smiled.
"Okay enough of all the sad talk, tell me about your date!"
"My date?" Samantha gave her a puzzling look. Damn.
"Yes girl, the date from last night!" Ryan smiled. "I wanna know all the details."
"Well." Samantha started. "He picked me up, we saw the movie, then I went home." She could only tread lightly because she didn't want to slip up.
"Come on girl, tell me everything, who was he?" Ryan asked. "Do I know him?"
"Well sorta." Samantha gave an awkward face.
"Well how sorta? Is he a athlete?" Ryan shot another question.
Samantha could feel her adrenaline pumping, her head beaded with sweat but she couldn't feel anything. "Okay I'll tell you, but you promise you won't get mad." Samantha knew telling could really be the end of their relationship but she knew it was the right thing to do.
"Promise," Ryan chuckled.
"Okay, it was Trevor." She mumbled.
Ryan's face went into shock. Her mind had to be moving at a million miles per second because her eyes bounced from every direction. "Trevor Maxwell?"
"Y-yeah." She stuttered. "I didn't know until I got to the date."
"What you mean you didn't know?" Ryan gave her a death stare. "How did you even meet him?"
"He's in my class." She mumbled. "I'm very sorry."
"No you aren't, if you were you wouldn't have went on a date with him." Ryan slid out of he seat grabbing her bag.
"I didn't know! It was a honest to go mistake." Samantha cried. "I'm so sorry Ryan."
"No you aren't," Ryan's eyes looked glassy. "If you were, you would of never went out with him. One more thing, did you kiss him?"
Samantha tried to utter "yes" but it wouldn't come out. But Ryan got the point.
Ryan shrieked in anger and stormed out of the restaurant. Just when Samantha thought her life couldn't get any worse, it does.