He admits his crush on you

Start from the beginning

He stood there, eyes glued to you as his brows furrowed, trying desperately to figure out exactly how you were taking his confession, and what your reaction would be.

"Screw it." You muttered to yourself, the words leaving your lips in a rush before you strode toward Damon, as determined as ever, and answered all of his thoughts with one short gesture. A kiss.

Klaus: You and you're friends had been working with the infamous original, Niklaus Mikaelson. Mainly because there was no choice other than to trust him- that, and he had more knowledge than any of you, but you quickly found yourself feeling something for him.

Despite the malicious legends that lurked behind the name, he was charming, really. A true gentleman. He would always put you before himself, and he made you feel safe, even when in the most dire of circumstances- he would look out for you.

But you were constantly reminded of his evil nature and nefarious past by your friends whenever he wasn't around; none of them being too pleased to be working with the original in the first place. On a regular basis, you would find yourself desperately trying to burn that image of him as the monster they described into your head, to try and caution yourself of what the man was capable of, but you couldn't. You could hardly imagine a man of such an inviting, kind nature being anything other than a likable individual, but your friends seemed to think otherwise. So you kept quiet about the little crush you had developed over the original, and tried to go along with your friends words, but there was always that part in the back of your mind that had hope for Niklaus- that saw humanity.

>>

You were meeting everyone at the Lockwood Cellar- something about having information about a hybrid sacrifice. Parking your car in the nearest clearing you could, you looked out into the dense woods ahead of you, inwardly sighing to yourself before you stepped out into the foliage. You wrapped your arms around yourself in an attempt to shield yourself from the cold as the leaves crunched beneath your feet, making your way to the cellar.

"A bit cold, love?" A voice sounded from behind you, making you flinch instinctively before quickly turning around to be met with Niklaus. Your heart raced in your chest and you were almost sure you had all but lost your breath- he seemed to have that affect on you.

"Yeah," You laughed lightly, sarcasm in your voice. "A little." He continued to move closer, chuckling at your response before stopping in front of you. He looked at you, smiling; a gesture that didn't last all that long before it faded from his lips.

"I have to leave Mystic Falls." He announced, a hint of regret in his eyes.

"Why?" You asked.

"My city needs me." He mused, "It seems as though somebody has tried to take my throne as King of New Orleans."

"Ah," You grinned, "We wouldn't want that, would we?" He smiled at this before moving ever so slightly closer to you.

"I've come to say goodbye, for now at least."

"Will you be back?" You asked hopefully.

"I'm not sure yet, but I will definitely make my way back to you." Your breath hitched in your throat at his words. "Truth is y/n, I've tried to stop thinking about you. And I can't." He confessed, your heart skipped a beat. "People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid, but I don't seem to frighten you."

"I see nothing to be afraid of." You confessed.

"Are you not aware of what I am capable of? What I have done?" He asked, truly puzzled by your words.

"I am well aware of what you are capable of, Klaus. But everyone is capable of evil. Just because you have committed some- questionable deeds throughout your time, does not mean that you are all bad, I don't think so at least."