He admits his crush on you

Start from the beginning

>>

The 'Silas problem' was getting out of hand, and finally, it was decided that it needed to be taken care of. Qetsiyah had imprisoned him with the cure for immortality on a desolate island, deep in an underground cave, so the journey was a long one.

Taking into consideration; the journey itself, and the inevitable deadly outcome of the mission, not everyone was invited to join. Matt, Jeremy and Elena being left behind to protect them from the ultimate peril they would face as humans on an island with a 2000+ year old vampire, who had just awoken from their almost infinite slumber. Assuming you were in on the plan- being a vampire and all- you headed to the Salvatore boarding house to discuss details.

>>

You knocked on the door, rocking back on the heels of your feet as you waited anxiously for it to open, and when it did, you were met with the alluring creature that was Damon Salvatore. A smile graced his lips as his eyes met yours.

"y/n." He greeted with his infamous smirk. "Please, do come in." He spoke, waving an arm dramatically to guide your entrance. You raised an eyebrow, stifling a small laugh as you walked in. You followed him into the parlour where he poured you a glass of bourbon, as well as one for himself before slumping onto the couch.

"So what can I do for you this fine evening?" He mused sarcastically, taking a swig of his glass.

"Well, I figured I should know a little about the plan for tomorrow." You laughed lightly, taking a sip of your drink casually.

"You're not going." He stated suddenly, his demeanor changing to that of complete sincerity.

"What?" You asked.

"You're not going." He clarified with a shrug of his shoulders, raising his brows as he took a careless sip of his glass.

"And why would that be?" You scoffed, a little mad at the fact that he thought it was even his choice to make in the first place.

"It's dangerous." He replied as if it were obvious, furrowing his brows.

"Damon," You started. "I don't know if you've realized, but I'm a hundred year old vampire. I can take care of myself."

"I don't care. You're not going." He repeated himself sternly as he stood up from the couch.

"Well that's not your choice to make, Damon." You lectured, placing your glass down on the table.

"Like hell it is." He spat.

"You do not own me! If my friends- the only people I care about, are in danger- you can't stop me from doing what I can to help."

"I'm not going to let you get yourself killed to try and save some bratty teenagers, y/n!"

"So you're mad at me because I want to help my friends?!" You shouted back, desperately trying to get him to hear the madness in his logic.

"I'm mad at you because I love you!" He yelled. The shouting ceased, and an earsplitting silence fell around the two of you as you looked up at him in disbelief.

"Damon," You sighed. "I-"

"I'm not going to lose you." He spoke, cutting you off. "And I don't care if you don't feel the same way. Because the pain of losing you, would be infinitely worse than the pain of you not loving me."

You could practically feel your cheeks turn red as all the air in your lungs seemed to escape you, leaving you frozen in thought. You're eyes traced the floor as you took in his words, the words you had only dreamed of him saying- although, maybe in a less anger fueled manner.