27. Good Night Gone Bad

"Please, Ava, it's Leo's party." Jordan said.

"Jordan, I really don't want to go out tonight." I said.

"It's Friday night, what are you going to do here at your house?" She asked as she sat on my bed.

"I don't know, sleep?"

"You can sleep all weekend, but we're going out tonight, so get your butt up and get dressed." She playfully demanded and I laughed in return.

"Even if I wanted to, I don't think I can. My parents won't let me, and I am not sneaking out." I told her.

"Ask if you can go."

"I don't want to."

"Fine, then, I'll do it." She said, then turned to leave my room.

"Jordan, don't." I called after her, but she was already half way down the stairs.

I sat down and waited for her to come back. I texted Austin to see if he was going and he told me he would be leaving soon, and then asked if I wanted to ride with him. I texted back "sure" and then put my phone down.

When Jordan came back, she told me that she found my mom downstairs and she said I could go as long as I came home before midnight, and didn't drink.

"See, your mom said yes, so get dressed." She pushed.

"Okay, okay." I laughed. "Oh, and Austin's picking me up, so if you want to go already, you can."

"Damn, ditching me already?" She joked.

"Yup." I teased.

She laughed. "Okay, well, i'm going to go pick up Naomi then. I'll see you there." She grabbed her things and began to leave my room.

"Bye." I said.

It didn't take very long for me to get dressed. I just changed into a nicer top and put on my converse.

I waited around until Austin was done. I'd told him to just text me when he was outside because he still had that long line of stitches on his cheek. The last thing him or I needed was my family asking him questions about what'd happened. The kids at school were bad enough.

"Hey." I said when I got into his car.

"Hey. Ready?" He asked.

"Yeah."

When we got to the party, I immediately felt the urge to go back home. I really didn't want to come, but Jordan wanted me here so I gave in.

Speaking of the devil, she's walking right towards me.

"Do you want me to get you a drink?" Austin asked.

"I don't feel like drinking tonight, but thanks." I said and he nodded.

Jordan finally caught up to me, and I hadn't even noticed that Naomi was right behind her. "Can Naomi and I steal Ava away for a while?" Jordan asked Austin.

"Sure." He said to Jordan, then turned to me. "I'll most likely be with the guys if you need me."

"Okay."

We kissed quickly, and then he was off.

"So what did you want to steal me away for?" I asked them.

"Well, I have a story to tell you." Jordan smiled.

"Go for it."

"Okay, when Naomi and I got here, Leo found me and called me over to him. Naomi offered to get us drinks, that way we could talk alone." She paused.