24. Missing You

I haven't talked to Austin much since he left. We talked the day he landed, but only once more since then. We keep missing each others calls accidentally because of the time difference. It really sucks because I miss him; not to mention i'm worried, and just want to know that nothing bad's happened. He comes back in three days, and I just hope he can stay safe until then.

"Ava." My teacher said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yes?"

"The bell rang. You've got to get to your next class." She smiled.

"Right, sorry." I hurried and grabbed my things and then headed to my next class. After this is lunch, so then I can try and call Austin.

I sit through the class, and listen to the teacher go on and on about something I could care less about, but like the good student I am, I take notes. Before I know it, i'm sitting at the lunch table with Jordan and Naomi.

"Guess what amazing thing happened to me this morning." Jordan gushed, with a huge smile on her face.

"What?" Naomi and I asked in unison.

"Before my second class, I ran into Leo, and he offered to walk me since my class is on the way to his. Well, when we got to my class he said he needed to talk to me, and then," she paused, squealing like a little girl, "he asked me on a date."

"It's about freaking time. You guys have been talking for months." I laughed.

"I know. I was starting to think he'd never man up and make a move." Naomi added.

"I just can't believe this is happening. I've liked him for so long and now I finally get a date with him." Jordan smiled.

"I'm happy for you. You two are going to be such a cute couple." I said.

"I hope so."

My phone started ringing. Hoping it was Austin, I hurriedly pulled it from my bag and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey." His voice greeted.

"I'm glad I caught you. We've been missing each others calls almost the whole time you've been gone." I smiled.

"I know, i'm sorry. I've just been very busy over here. I'm sure you know why."

"Yeah, I know." I said quietly.

"So, what do you have planned for tonight?" He asked.

"Nothing." I responded.

"It's Friday, and you're not going to do anything tonight?"

"Nope."

"Don't tell me you're just going to sit at home. Go out and have fun."

"I will. At home." I laughed, earning a chuckled from him.

"Austin, we've got to go now." I heard a voice in the background say.

"Ava-"

"I know. I heard." I cut him off.

"I'm really sorry. I'll try to call tonight, okay?"

"Yeah." I responded.

"Bye." He said, ending the call.

I sighed, moving the phone away from my ear. "I miss you." I whispered to no one, then put the phone back.

"He'll be back soon, Ava, don't worry." Naomi comforted.

"I just miss him, that's all. I'm so used to being around him all the time." I said.

The girls looked at each other, smiled, and then looked back at me.