Chapter 24 - Annabeth's Logic

I tossed the coin in the rainbow before saying the blessing, and an image appeared into existence.

There was Reyna, looking over a devastated camp Jupiter, and my hands flew to my mouth. 

"It happened to you too?" I whispered out loud, and Reyna, shocked, turned around to face me, before sighing.

"Good. We were hoping we could-"

"Reyna," I told her firmly, and she frowned. "Reyna...our camp was destroyed, too."

She stood there, and I could've sworn fire was in her eyes. "Whoever did this...it's not Eternal, hopefully."

"Percy's already defeated him. There must be something else out there rising. I will talk to Rachel, see if she could muster up a prophecy."

"Okay. Until then, we must increase security around camp borders."

"Yes. Talk to you later." I swiped the image out of the air before walking briskly to Rachel's home. But when I went into the cave, she wasn't there. I ran out, and before I called out her name, Rachel came knocking into me and we staggered backwards.

"Oh, hi, Annabeth. Did you want a prophecy? About what's happening in camp?"

Before I could reply, her eyes turned green and her mouth opened, green mist pouring out. The Oracle of Delphi came out, the voice ancient and resonating in my mind.

Three half-bloods shall travel west upon a threat,

A sacrifice to be met.

The Universe's prince shall be filled with blinded betrayal,

and end the life of the one he loves.

To renewal or to his curse, 

he must become the primordial of the universe.

She collapsed into my arms and I pulled her into the bed in the cave. 

When I came out to think over the prophecy, I froze in my tracks. Percy was standing there, still, as well.

"Percy!" I cried, and walked up to him for a hug. But he blasted something at me and I was knocked backwards, landing on my shoulder. When I sat up, I felt a searing pain in my shoulder, and realized that it was broken. I was a few metres away from Percy, who's face expression was filled with confusion.

"Tell me the truth," he said, taking a few steps toward me. "Piper Mclean - I assume you know her - told me you care for me. Is this true?"

I frowned, staring at him. Did he...did he lose his memory? This wasn't the Percy I knew. Did we just switch places?

"Just what I thought. We never were together. Order was right." In one swift movement, he flew away, his magnificent wings shining under the sun.

"Wait!" I screamed, and he didn't look back. "I loved you! We loved each other! Where is the Percy I know? You said 'together always' didn't you?"

He stopped midair, turned around, and cocked his head to the side.

"You betrayed me with that boy, didn't you?" His eyes became smaller. "You betrayed me, didn't you? Is that called...called...love? And, demigod, weren't you the one who plunged me into the river of Lethe? That's why I don't remember you, and I'm grateful for that. I don't know what that Oracle was saying about 'blinded betrayal', but I'm not letting it fool myself."

"Percy! It means you have fake-"

"Enough. Feel lucky I spared you."

He turned and left. Just like that. I felt puzzle pieces coming together in my head and figured out one thing: someone must've taken all of Percy's memories and replaced them with fake memories.

Order.

Author's Note

I'm sorry it took long to write an update. And also about the prophecy. Sounds horrible, I know. I tried, I tried. cx

Honestly. All those comments. And votes. Thank you so much! Hope I haven't let ya down with this chapter.