Chapter 22 - Flashback

-The day before-

Percy decided to visit Earth again, just to see Annabeth. To see if she was fine. He flew up top and spotted her entering the stables with a boy. Curious, he snuck nearby to see what they were up to. 

They were silent for a while, before the boy spoke up. 

"Annabeth..." he said, and the way he said her name was...different.

They looked at each other, and at that moment, Percy knew what was to come. Before he could lean in for the kiss, Percy flew away, heartbroken.

Aphrodite was right. Annabeth would choose a different love path. Why did things have to be so hard for them? For him?

He decided he would visit his mum, after all these years. Perhaps she had also been controlled by some monster.

When he approached the front doorsteps, the door flew open and his mum came rushing out with tears in her eyes. 

They embraced each other, and they stayed like that for some time. It felt good to be in loving arms, even though she wasn't exactly his biological mother.

"Percy," she whispered. "What happened? Your wings, your-"

"Mum, I'm sorry I haven't visited in a long time. I was...mad."

And so, as his mum baked blue cookies, he recounted his whole journey, and when he described his mum's part in it, she burst into tears.

"I'm so sorry, Percy. I would never do that."

"I know. It wasn't you."

She ran her hang along my wings, in awe by it, and Percy just smiled.

"My prince," she whispered as he finished the story. "I'm so sorry."

"There's one part I left out I didn't want to tell you," Percy said, nervously, and his mum could feel it.

"You can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

And so he told her. He told her that she wasn't his real mother. But that she would always, always be his mother no matter what in his heart.

Just then, a little girl, probably around 3 or 4, opened the door and came in."Mommy! Loogh whad I fou-" she took one look at Percy, and she screamed, dropping whatever she found. Paul came barging in, looking for the cause, then laid his eyes on him.

"It's alright, Pansy. It's alright. This is...your brother, Percy Jackson. Welcome back!"