Chapter 1 - A New Life

-Percy-

I couldn't believe it. Everyone, even Annabeth, seemed to have hated me. For what reason? I don't know. I closed my eyes and replayed what everyone said:

Percy, you idiot. Get out of my way!

What happened to that kelp brain of yours, huh? Get out of the arena! It's not your time to sword play.

And came the two most disturbing sentences:

Oh, you know, Percy. I just decided that you are not worth it to be my boyfriend.

You are not welcome here. Begone and never come back.

Annabeth and Chiron. Two of my favourite people.

They all betrayed me. I saved the camp gazillion times, and yet they threw rubbish at me. They spit on me, like I was a no one. And the Wise Girl I used to know. She kissed that guy, right in front of me.

So I went with the most sensible solution. I ran away. I travelled all the way to camp Jupiter, hoping that people there would at least remember who I was.

Boy, was I wrong. They also gave me zero respect. So now, I am fighting monsters, endlessly. Before leaving to camp Jupiter, I checked on my family, my mom, and my step-dad. Apparently, they were on vacation. To somewhere nice. At least, that's what a neighbour said. When I tried to call them, they just hanged up once they heard my voice.

My last hope was my dad, Poseidon. But it was crushed, immediately. He did not answer my prayers, and when he finally did, he said, in my mind, Perseus, enough with your prayers. 

Finally, I just stuck my sword into the soft soil and sat down as a monster sneaked closer to me. I did not even bother look up. If my life was gone, it would be better for everyone. No one could care more or less if I died. I closed my eyes. The monster charged.

But it did not kill me. I was confused. When I looked up, I saw the monster around a mile away, dead. Before I could think anymore, I shot upwards, into the sky. I blacked out.

————-

I flopped open my eyes. I was lying down on an incredibly comfortable bed. I immediately felt like I wanted to sleep. But what kept me from shutting my eyes closed was the room I was in. From every corner of my eye, I could see the universe. Actually, I felt like I was surrounded by the universe. But if you looked closer, you could see the walls, and the room as it is. Even my bed seemed to be blended in.

I sat up, feeling as good as ever. I never felt this good since...

It dawned on me. The betrayal, the attack, the invisible force that shot me upwards...

I felt sad again. My friends, my family... they were all gone. Probably not physically, though.

Was I in Elysium? This did feel like paradise, especially when an angel came in. Well, a half angel, anyway. The person was hooded with magnificent wings on his back. He/she was in white from head to toe. 

"My Prince, how are you feeling?" The hooded figure said, in a manly voice.

I sat up and looked behind me. Then I pointed at my chest, saying, "Me? Prince? Um... I think you must be mistaken."

He chuckled. "Yes, you. Son of Chaos."

"I'm confused."

"Well, I'll let your father explain. C'mon. He's been waiting for you to wake up for ages. Oh, and by the way, I'm Kray, Chaos's right-hand man."