Chapter 14 - Always together

I felt her hand.

I felt Annabeth's hand, smooth and comforting.

But she lead to thoughts of Tartarus, and when I did not want to think about Tartarus, my thoughts led to the time when I found out Luke Castellan was evil.

"All drinks are on me," Luke said.

I hardly heard myself reply to what he said, because the scene was just a blur.

It showed me the pain I felt when I was stung by the scorpion, and the deep pain of betrayal as I crawled to get help.

I felt my fingers loosen from Annabeth's, but I tried to hold on.

Was it really her?

No, Perseus Jackson. She is just an illusion, a deep, malicious voice insisted.

I was so sure it was her, holding my hand, just like the old times.

Give up, said the voice again, showing me a display of the moments in Tartarus, when Bob and the other giants sacrificed themselves...

Wrong move, I thought. This only enabled me to push myself closer to Annabeth. The times in Tartarus were painful, but Annabeth was there with me. I had to go near her, and I knew she was right here, beside me. I gripped my hand onto hers and tried tugging on, and pulled her into me.

I gasped. She seemed fine, except for one huge gash on her arm, bleeding. I realized that she had got it protecting my weak spot, all those years ago. I saw tears falling out of her closed eyes, and for a moment, I thought she was dying.

I wanted to yell out her name and comfort her, but my voice was overused long time ago. Instead, I pulled her into a kiss, and her eyes fluttered open after a while, shocked.

We kissed each other passionately, clutching each other at the same time.

Puny mortals... the same voice I heard earlier said, but with more disgust now. Your love just...it just...blah!

I felt a force trying to pry us from each other, but we stayed stuck to each other. We were one, and would always be one.

All of a sudden, I felt my body roar with pain, then awkwardly free. I felt a cool rush of air, healing the injuries on my body that I never thought I had.

But when we pulled out of our kiss, Annabeth was gasping for air, her face turning blue. With a start, I realized we were in the universe again.

Clutching her in my arms tightly, and I used the strength I had left to teleport us back to Chaos planet.

Author's Note: Okay, again and again and again and again, seriously necessary to say, thank you for the votes and comments. If you commented, triple-thank yous, and you know who you are.

Really sorry if you were waiting for an update! I know this part's boring and continuous, but I will try to get it more exciting. Really sorry if you were waiting for an update! I get into these time periods when I just glue my eyes onto the same story all day...all week...