Chapter 12 - Lost

-Percy-

I never got to the other Universe, though.

Chaos told me that my memories and my friends' memories of me would be gone and the protective shield would be up by the other end of the portal.

But when I did go through the portal, I realized too late that the portal had been shattered in between the two Universes.

I ended up in a blinding light, a light that was trying to tear through my soul.

My first thought was: why did everything have to happen to me?

And then: I cannot let it destroy me.

Finally: I still have memories of Annabeth. I will survive. For her.

But I slipped into unconsciousness, lured by the pain caused by the light.

And I knew it was just a shock. It has not burnt my soul...yet.

-Annabeth-

"I refuse to believe that Percy Jackson is dead. I found him alive, twice, now and I am going to find him again," I said, feeling myself burning with pain and misery.

Luke's kind eyes bore into mine. "Annabeth, I also went into a temper tantrum. I've already destroyed my own home. I don't want you to do the same. Chaos...he already erased my affection toward him, which is why I feel calm now. Please, let me help you with that, too."

I nodded, and he put my hands on my forehead for two seconds before putting it away. "Better?" He asked.

Percy Jackson became a person I only knew. He wasn't the one I loved anymore.

But a voice in my head yelled out, find him.

-Percy-

I was in the realm of broken dreams. I remembered Chaos telling me to never come here, nor go near it. Once you enter, you are lost in it forever. Because you relive your worst fears.

Percy, get out of the way!

You're not my boyfriend anymore.

Get out.

I hate you.

You're the reason Annabeth's gone.

You've endangered us all!

I could single out all these voices, of my friends, of my family. The millions of voices around me inhabited my head, telling me to give up life. Chaos said to me once that once you've lost it, your soul's lost in those dreams. And if you ever come out of there, you're broken. Really broken. Not the type of broken I was when I was dumped out of camp; broken broken. Not that anyone has ever came back out.