Chapter 18 - No Memory

-Percy-

She didn't remember anything.

The way she looked at me broke me all over. It was a blank and confused. Her eyes landed on mine, her grey, analyzing eyes. She seemed to be thinking. Before she looked away.

I watched as her friends and family tried to bring her memory back; Chaos tried his best to give her memories. But she only gained memory of basic life.

At least she could talk and walk. At least she had the same old personality. At least she still had her ability to sword fight.

"What do you think of Percy?" Thalia whispered to Annabeth, and, in response, she just shrugged.

"He looks like quite the troublemaker. Though it seems he had a terrible past, the way his lips are turned down. I know that much."

"He is your boyfriend," Thalia said, abruptly.

"No! I refuse to believe that. He's...he's...he's a bit creepy, don't you think?"

"You both were inseparable. You have to remember that, Annie."

"Don't call me that..." Annabeth said, and I rolled my eyes. The same old her.

"He called you Wise Girl and you called him Seaweed Brain. You had that underwater kiss. You literally went down to hell and up together. You don't remember anything?" Thalia prompted.

"Nothing. Stop it. Just...stop it. I don't have any connections with him whatsoever," she said, frowning. My heart drooped, and I almost fell from the branch I was so quietly sitting on. I felt my eyes burn, but I tried to keep the tears in.

"Do you remember me?" Thalia said, finally.

"You've been a great friend these past days, but...no. I'm sorry. I don't remember any of you guys. I just woke up one day and...and I just don't know."

"What's the first word that comes to your mind?" Thalia said, grim.

"Nothing. Thalia, please stop with these brain games. I really don't have any memories of anything past the time when I woke up. Please," Annabeth said.

Thalia looked over her shoulder and looked straight at me and raised her eyebrows. I cowered and flew away silently.

Why was my life so horrible? Why was my love life with Annabeth so horrible?

I teleported myself to Olympus and went to the Aphrodite temple. Sure enough, the love goddess was there, picking at her nails.

"Something wrong, Perseus?" she asked, glancing up.

"It's Percy. And why are you making this hard for Annabeth and I?"

"It's not me. It's quite interesting to watch, but I'm not one to control your relationships. It's called love."

"Fine. What will be our future, then?"

Aphrodite stopped picking her nails and her face darkened.

"I don't know, Perseus. But I see that Annabeth could be...choosing another love path."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

But she just had that dreamy look on her face again.

"Oh, what a cute couple they would be," she said, her eyes fluttering.

"You're hopeless."

"You might be the prince of the Universe, but I still deserve respect, you know? Love needs to be patient. Perhaps you and Annabeth would be together again. Your future is a bit hazy for me to tell. Well, I must go for now," Aphrodite said finally, and disappeared in a puff of perfume.

I coughed and waved my hand in the air, scrunching my nose.

I wasn't sure if Annabeth was going to get her memory back, but the idea that she would be choosing another love path frightened me.

Not ready to think any further, I teleported back to Chaos planet and readied myself for quests to other planets.