Chapter 16 - New Heat

A shrill scream was all I heard afterwards.

And then the wicked laugh of Order.

Dead silence came next.

I breathed heavily, tears threatening to come out. I stood there, feeling a deep cut inside of me. Grief.

I teleported myself to Earth, and I saw the sleeping figures of the human beings. All the other planets had also reacted to the sudden loss of light, though I still saw the blinking artificial lights here and there.

The whole universe was in the dark, with no warmth.

And I had failed to save it.

I had failed to save the next best thing: Annabeth.

The Void is like the Asphodel of the Universe. Once you're in there, your memories are gone and you start on your endless, mindless walk to absolute no where.

My only solution was to find my father; he was the only one who had the power to bring the Universe back alive.

Or probably bring Annabeth back.

A sudden thought struck me, then. Did Order defeat Chaos and toss him in the Void, as well? That is the only place Chaos made in order to get rid of enemies or villains.

No, Chaos made it so that we ourselves wouldn't be able to go there.

So where was he?

He couldn't be killed, right? He said only he himself could kill himself. He said it like a joke, but I assumed then that it was true.

Or maybe he was in Order's Universe.

I couldn't go there. He could survive, but I couldn't- not with the help of Order.

You can do what I can. Cosmos, you're my son. Chaos's voice echoed in my head. He said that some days ago, and I didn't exactly believe it. I thought he was just trying to encourage me.

Maybe I could rewind my mistake.

If I can do what Chaos can, that means that I can make a new planet. It means I can make another source of light. I've never done it before, though. It was never part of my training. It felt too...huge...to try.

I teleported back to the Planet room and brought myself to the very middle. I raised my sword, Alpha, high up into the air, then I paused. (A/N I don't remember if I wrote down Percy's sword name before...give a shout out if I said anything about it in the earlier chapters!)

"Bring light to the Universe," I whispered, then closed my eyes.