Chapter 5 - Sacrifice

-Nico-
I wasn't fooled by their hoods. I think I know pretty much who all of them are. I mean, would you think that when there are 6 spirits missing from the Underworld, it is nothing? My father, Hades, is pretty stressed out, looking for those spirits. When Percy's spirit wasn't down there, I knew he was somewhere, alive, with the other six. And now? There happened to be 7 Warriors who is willing to help us in the war. I was pretty sure Percy was one of them. When Alpha confirmed to us that the Prince was Percy, I knew who the others were.

Which means that Hades would most probably know, too. It wasn't too wise for Luke to blow Percy's cover. I mean, it's fine that everyone knows who Cosmos is, since he never really died, but if Hades finds out who the others are, well, he's not gonna be happy. I'll just pray that he isn't smart enough to figure it out.

Naturally, I would go looking for Percy. And when I saw Grover and Annabeth, and heard him say "-have the coordinates", it was obvious to me that I should follow. And I did.

-Grover-

Bad idea. Bad, bad idea. I should've tried to persuade Annabeth to return to camp. Instead, I just tagged along with her. And why did I tell her the coordinates? I couldn't back out now. Especially when she needs my help. Because there, in front of us, stood a monster. A weird monster with a goose body and a tiger-ish head, but scary.

"Want some tin cans?" I croaked weakly. No, it was obviously gonna eat us. Annabeth wasn't helping, because she kept whispering something like 'I failed you, I'm sorry'. I threw my can at it. What else could I have done? My magic flute was lying three feet away, and don't ask me how I lost it!

All of a sudden, a body crashed into Annabeth and me and I felt like dissolving into the air. It was a really funny feeling, half comfortable and half creepy. Then I found myself under the shade of an apple tree, under two other bodies.

"Mmpfh," I managed. "Wait, Nico, is that you?"

"Yes, Grover. As a matter of fact, I just saved you both. I'm coming with you two to find Percy," said Nico. As him and Annabeth got off me, he continued, "I heard you have the coordinates. If it's not so far, I can shadow-travel us there, saving some time. I've gotten much better these few months!"

I chuckled. Now, this was a proper quest. Three people.

-Percy-

Thank the gods, my empathy link with Grover has not faded. There could be a chance for me to escape. My Warriors would be coming soon enough.

Eternal doesn't know I was Percy Jackson. He only knows me as Cosmos.

For days, now, I haven't been given food, water, or air. I was just stuck here, in this glass cage. I think I've grown quite skinny and I've never felt this weak before.

Naturally, Eternal took this as a chance to kill me. He took his most powerful weapon, which I would have incinerated if I was all good, and pointed it at me.

"Good-bye, Cosmos. Have fun being a ghost!"

I didn't have time to think. But just as he struck me with the Sordroom, a body slammed into me.

When I took in my surroundings, I saw Annabeth on the ground, unmoving.