Chapter 21 - Mission Completed

-Percy-

He looked so sincerely horrified that I wondered what kind of connection we had.

"You jumped into the River Lethe, didn't you?" he said, his eyes wide open.

"Was that the river I came out of?" I said, trying to sound confused.

Stick to the plan, Percy. Stick to the plan.

"Yeah. I think you lost all your memories."

"You think?" I said, shaking my head. "All I remember is collapsing and being in the arms of a cloaked man. Who is he?"

"He's Chaos, your father," Luke said, still seeming to be in some trance.

"Can I- Can I talk to him?" I said, trying not to seem eager.

"Y-yeah, yeah. He's in the Planet room. Just down the hall on your right. Would you like me to accompany you to him?"

"No need," I said, before raising my hand and blasting airireater at him, sending him flying backwards. "Got what I needed."

I walked down the hall, following his instructions, before turning back to Luke and plunging the sword Order gave me into his heart.

No blood, no ichor spilled out as I pulled it out. He merely shimmered into nonexistence.

I was glad it didn't kill him. It only brought him to somewhere in between this Universe to the other, where Order would take care of him. I hoped he wasn't going to be killed. He seemed...genuine.

I walked through the doors in the a room full of planets, and I was in awe. What were they for? It had the dark light seeping everywhere, like I'd seen outside. Wasn't the sun supposed to have...orangish reddish whitish light? Suddenly, the atmosphere turned brighter and brighter, until it was the color I would've imagined it to be.

"Cosmos!" Boomed a powerful, welcoming ancient voice, and came out a midnight cloaked man who looked much like Order, but with more beautiful, magnificent wings. Of course, my wings were great too, but not as great as his.

What frightened me was that he looked powerful. Much more powerful than I thought. I began to doubt if I could do what I did to Luke. Order said that his brother would trust me, since we were father and son, and blasting airireater at him would throw him off guard. I convinced myself he didn't know I lost my memory yet.

"Father," I said, smiling, though I felt nervous. "Thank you for saving me."

"You're my son. Why wouldn't I? How are you doing? Why do you seem...ah, anxious?"

I looked at my father, and saw that he had a softer expression than Order. Kinder. Was he really capable of abandoning me on a small, dirty planet before killing my mother? Maybe Order was lying.

But vengeance isn't always the solution to a problem, wasn't it?

Always stick to the plan, echoed a voice in my head, his voice loud and clear.

I frowned before saying, "Why did you abandon me as a child? Why did you kill mother?"

He looked at me, his mesmerizing eyes confused. It seemed to reflect the whole universe, frightening but comforting at the same time.

"Cosmos, I-"

He was probably trying to explain why he's done such horrible thing. I've already strayed from the plan. I was going to do as Order asked.

A blue light shot out of my hands, striking Chaos in the chest, causing him to stagger backward.

"Percy! What are you doing?" he said, his voice dangerous, hurt.

Before he could say anything else, I threw the sword straight towards him, and he collapsed. I ran towards him before pulling it out, and he disappeared into thin air.

"P-Percy?" cried out a voice at the other end of the room, and looked at a girl with blue eyes and brown hair. She was pretty, and I wondered if she had a boyfriend. Never mind. She must ha-

"How could you?" she continued, her voice ringing out in the open. "What did you do to Chaos?"

She was in tears, and I felt so sorry, I almost felt like crying myself.

"Don't worry," I said, trying to calm her down. "He was just sent to Order. They're brothers. It'll be fine."

"Where is Percy Jackson and what have you done to him?" Selena said, her voice breaking.

"I...I a am Percy?" I said, and it came out as a question.

"WHAT. HAVE YOU DONE. To him?" she repeated herself, louder, more powerful.

"I-I-I-I..." Then I narrowed my eyes. "Your voice is almost controlling me."

She was trying to get me to spill, yet I didn't have anything to tell her.

She took a large intake of breathe before light came my way, and before I knew it, the ground was rushing up to me, giving me darkness.