Chapter 23 - Memory Flood

-Annabeth-

Jogging along with Sydney in the cave, our footsteps echoed as I began to have a bad feeling. 

Was something going to happen?

We reached the end of it, and there was nothing. No giant, no monster. Sydney held out his flashlight, frowning, before saying, "Hermes said the giant would be here. It must be hiding. Hopefully, it's scared of us."

I nodded before saying back to him, "You're right," and I pointed my flashlight at a small hole in the corner. "But saying a 'giant' is a big misunderstanding."

He looked at the hole and laughed. "Pff, no. Some small animal might live there. Not a giant."

"A small gia-" I started to correct him, but suddenly, I felt a strange feeling fill my entire body. I looked around, and everywhere seemed unclear to me. I could vaguely hear Sydney yelling at me, holding me in place with his hands, and I could somehow tell he was right in front of me, inches across my face.

Then I blacked out.

Immediately, in some weird dream, I saw faces of all sorts, places of all sorts. I saw Luke first, then Grover, Percy, Thalia, some big cruise, a dam, and Olympus. I just saw them; they were just there.

Then I felt the air sucked out of me, before I realized some dark mist was oozing into me, slowly. I felt like I was suffocating, before my mind went blank.

__________

My eyes flopped open, and I sat up, with a short intake of air.

Where was I?

The last I remembered was Chaos...no, Order right above my face while I was in bed, in the infirmary. I was out of breathe or something. 

And then it all came to me. All my memories. It was like it all flooded into me.

Percy Jackson.

It was then that my tears started leaking out of my eyes, thinking of how I  had been treating him. He must've been heart-broken. I HAD to fix this. I HAD to get Luke or Chaos or anyone who could bring me to him. 

I missed him.

Just then, Sydney came in, saw my tears, and he rushed to my side.

"Are you okay, Annabeth?" he asked me, worry painted on his face.

"Of course I'm not. Why did you kiss me?"

"Wh-what?" he said, turning guilty.

"WHY. DID. YOU. KISS. ME."

"I-" he started, but I didn't want to hear anymore. I'd leave him in his misery. I though of slapping him in the face, but it wasn't worth it. He already looked heart-broken. Though, on second thought, not as much as Percy had looked...