Chapter fourteen: Life Either Likes you Or Hates You.

Chapter fourteen: Life Either Likes You Or Hates You.

"I have a plan." Glenn whispered to the five of us as we continued to stand behind a few trees to stop the walkers from spotting us.

"Okay, enlighten us." Abraham mumbled as the rest of us listened.

"We are going to pretend to be walkers." He said.

"Are you out of your mind? How are we going to do that?" Abraham argued. I got the feeling he was still angry and I could understand that but he didn't need to take it out on us, especially today when we needed a car to get out of this town.

"I did this back when it all started, with Rick." He gazed towards me because I knew exactly who he was talking about. "We cut up a walker and messed ourselves up with blood and we were completely blind to them."

"That sounds disgusting." Eugene cut in.

"I know it isn't pleasant but, would you rather make our way back to the other side of the city where it's deadly?" Glenn said, sounding serious. He meant business.

"I'll do it." I said to Glenn with a smile.

He shook his head. "Mags, I don't want you to get into this mess."

"I can do it." I said firmly as I made sure my knife was in its place.

Glenn sighed heavily while looking behind him, taking a glance at the walkers that walked around each other. "Fine, but stay behind me." I loved it when he worried about me, it was so cute yet annoying because I had learned to handle myself around these things in this world that we lived in.

"Okay." I replied. The cool breeze brushed my hair back from my face as more silence rippled between us because Glenn was looking around.

"We need a walker." We both said at the same time. I always felt like we were connected somehow. I think whatever he thought, it was like we had the same mind.

"I'll go and find one." Noah offered as he left the group to go find one. That was sorted, all we needed to do was wait. And waiting was what we did.

*

We all heard something been dragged in the distance and our weapons shot up in front of us. But it was only Noah, dragging a dead walker. All of our weapons were put away as we all helped Noah drag the walker to where we stood before.

"Alright." Glenn crouched down in front of someone who used to be an old lady. "Maggie, your knife?" I handed him my knife and he began to cut into the walkers skin, making it smell. Everyone's faces turned sour as the smell began to progress all around us.

I crouched down on the opposite side of Glenn as everyone watched. "Ready?" I nodded as I used the sleeves of my old jumper to dig out the insides of the walker. Everyone watched in disgust as we continued to put the walkers insides on us, the smell was awful and I didn't know if I could handle this.

Yes, you can. Do it for Glenn.

Once we finished, we stood up and stared at each other. He took my hand as we stepped around the walker and began to leave the others. "Cover us." Glenn whispered to the others as we left.

"Act like walkers and we wont get caught." Glenn informed me as we walked slowly around the fence and to where the gate was open. "The door is just straight ahead. If we get in there, then we are safe." He whispered as we stood in front of all the walkers who hadn't noticed us yet.

He took my hand as we began to walk like walkers, slowly. The walkers noticed us and began to sniff us but they just looked the other way. I sighed quietly with relief. My stomach was going crazy, scared if these walkers figured out that we were not like them. We would be screwed.

I pushed my thoughts out of my mind as we reached the middle of the fence area. We noticed that the door had a key attached to the lock. To open the door, we would have to move the key slowly and open the sliding door. And at this point in time, I felt a sneeze come on.

Really? At a life and death situation, you decide to sneeze? I really hated my body sometimes, it hated me. Glenn noticed and squeezed my hand, making me feel better and distracted but that didn't help me when I let out two big sneezes. The moans of the walkers grew louder as they realised that we were human.

"Go!" Glenn shouted as he took my hand as the walkers were coming at us. I got out my knife and some shots were fired from the outside. Glenn turned the key quickly and opened the door and dragged me in.

He slammed the door shut before the walkers had the chance to get us. "Sorry," I breathed, "I couldn't help it."

"It's okay, Maggie. Let's just concentrate on getting out of here." He smiled, letting go of my hand to look around. The walkers banged on the door as I noticed the huge car yard filled with cars and no walkers. "There a millions of keys here for different types of cars." Glenn said cheerfully, taking a random key.

I opened the second sliding door that led to the car yard, filled with untouched cars. Glenn located the car that fit with the key and got inside, he turned the key in the ignition and started the car. The car worked. It actually worked. I headed back to the back of the store where the others were located at the other side of the fence.

"We'll pick you up!" I headed back to where Glenn was. He was collecting more supplies from other cars. He chose a seven seater van that would fit everybody.

"Maggie, let's go!" Glenn yelled as I hurried back and sat myself in the passenger seat. We sped off to where the others were, crashing the gate open along the way.

I opened the window as we reached the others and I felt the nice breeze against my skin again. Oh, how I've missed this.