The Other

I immediately rush put of my room as fast as I can and sprint into the den where a giant hole is where my door used to be (how in the world did I not hear that?!) Sof is hiding behind the island in the kitchen, screaming. Loki is standing in front of this purple, wrinkly, alien creature with a black, hooded cloak and a golden, branchy face mask. The creature, which I assume is the Chitauri Loki told me about, has his hands together at his stomach and I can see two thumbs on each hand. They both look at me, the Chitauri with murderous hunger, and Loki with worry. I glance back and forth between both of them, but not in fear. This thing doesn't have a weapon that I can see. He isn't a threat yet. I stand in an agressive stance anyways.
  "My my Loki, you have found yourself a brave little human, haven't you?" The Chitauri asks tauntingly.
  "You leave her out of this." Loki says in a threatening warning tone. The Chitauri just laughs. Which makes Loki angrier, he sets his jaw and his eyes fill with hate.
  "I had no idea the great Loki of Jotünhiem had the capabilities to love." The Chitauri says casually with an air of mock as he slowly steps closer to me. Jotünhiem? I thought Loki was from Asgard? I look to Loki in confusion, his eyes are burning a hole through mine in hate and for the first time since I've met him, I am afraid of him. He sees the fear in my face as I falter in my stance and he softens a little before burning a hole in the Chitauri instead. But I'm still disturbed by what took place. The Chitauri stops walking when he's two feet away from me. He pauses and stares into my eyes with his steely grey ones. I determinedly stare back, unfaltering. Then without warning he lunges at me, knocking me back into the wall and I hot my head on the sheetrock, hard. I see spots and I feel dizzy. The Chitauri places his hand on my neck and cuts off my air supply. I start choking and claw at his hand, trying to stay conscious. I get a good grip on his hand and rip it off of me. Once I catch my breath, I realize that Loki was on the Chitauri back, choking him. Like Loki is doing now. I rub the back of my head to feel a painful lump. Great, just what I need. The Chitauri, stumbling, reaches back and grabs Loki's arms and flings him over his head and into the wall. He dents the wall and I can see Loki is dizzy from the impact. While Loki recovering, the Chitauri punches me in the stomach and knocks the wind out of me so I can't breathe. I kneel on the ground trying to get my breath back. Hands wrap around my middle and fling me across the room and into the kitchen. Great, another bruise. Good thing my strength protects me a little or I would probably be dead or have a lot of broken bones. I finally get my breath back and stand back up, but my the time I stand, the Chitauri hands are back around my neck and this time, something is restrictions me from moving. Like an invisible forcefield. I start to black out and grow very limp, despite every effort to move, to stay alive, I can't. I'm going to die. And nothing can save me.
  "No! Leave her alone!" I hear Loki shout before the Chitauri drops me and we both fall to the ground, but tge Chitauri kicks me in the stomach as he hits the floor and i feel something. crack and I immediately gasp for breath and hold my side. Loki is sitting on top of the Chitauri, punching him in the head as hard as he can and as many times as he can. I painfully stumble into the kitchen, still weak from being almost choked to death and a possible broken rib or two, and grab the biggest and sharpest knife, ignoring Sof's questions and whimpers. I run back into the den where the Chitauri is lying still on the floor and Loki is standing, his face and hands splattered in a black goo.  Loki sees my knife, he walks over to me and looks me in the eyes with something that looks like love and we stand there, staring into each others eyes for a few seconds. I clear my throat before speaking.
  "Don't you uh...have something to finish?" I ask nervously with a blush. His pale face turns a pink shade too and he smiles a breathtaking smile.
  Oh..yeah....that..." He says awkwardly before holding his hand out and I hand him the knife, but wince as my side suddenly erupts in unbearable pain and I clutch it, knife still in hand. Loki immediately steps forwards and places his hands on my waist, worriedly searching my pained eyes. The skin at my waist tingles at his touch and dragons erupt in my stomach and my heart beats faster. It's a wierd, but good sensation.
  "Are you alright?" Loki asks concern laced in his voice. I shake my head no.
  "What hurts?" He asks, gently rubbing up and down my sides, causing the sensation to grow stronger and make my legs grow weak.
  "Rib. Broken." I painfully spit out. His face grows worried and he places his hand on my lower back and leads me into my bedroom. He helps me into my bed.
  "Am I going to be okay?" I ask him as he helps me prop myself up.
  "Yes, you will be fine. You just need rest and a little bit of magic." He looks at me and winks which causes my heart to fly. I smile at him.
  "Don't go anywhere, I will be right back." He says and he takes the knife, which I still have in my hand, and leaves. I hear the sound of a blade entering a skull and I feel dissapointed that I couldn't watch that monster die. But, Loki saved my life. He saved my life. If he would not have been there or if he was still siding with it, I would have surely died. Loki walks into my room and I smile at him, filled with great fulness and relief. He smiles back before going into the bathroom and washing his hands and face off. He walks back out into the hallway and I hear the closet door open and him rummaging through the closet. He shuts tge door and walks back in with some painkillers and a whole lot of gauze and some strong, black tape. He closes the door and turns to me with a regretful and anxious look on his face. I look at him in confusion, and then it dawns on me. He has to wrap the gauze tightly around my ribcage to act like a cast. And the only way to do that is for me to take my shirt off. Great. I give him an irritated look.
  "Why can't Sof do it?" I ask him glum ly, already knowing the answer.
  "She's gone." He tells me, avoiding eye contact. I groan in annoyance before I take my Sherlock shirt off so I'm left sitting on the bed uncomfortably tense and awkward in my black bra, black skinny jeans and TARDIS socks. Loki walks up to me, also tense and avoiding looking at me. At least he's a gentleman.
  "Can you sit up?" He asks, his pale face a light shade of pink. Mine probably looks like a tomato.
  "I don't know, maybe." I say in a curious tone. My heart is already beating fast and my stomach feels funny I try to sit up, bit the intense pain causes me to cry out and fall back against the pillows. I look at Loki with a pained expression and I sadly shake my head no. He gives me a compassionate look before gently placing his hand behind my back and the other under my legs and carefully helps me sit up. He starts wrapping me up, his cool hands on my sides and his fingers gently brushing my skin causes my skin to ignite and my heart beat at an unreasonable rate while my stomach is going crazy and my face is red. His face is too. After he wraps and tapes me up he takes one last look at his work to make sure it will hold, but his expression suddenly turns curious and he sits next to me, staring at my stomach. He traces his fingers over a white scar across my stomach. Then he looks up at my shoulder and finds the scar from when I got shot. He traces over that too. Meanwhile I am very tense. He looks at me, concerned.
   "Where did you get these?" He asks and looks me straight in the eyes. I look away, feeling the familiar lump in my throat and burning in my eyes.
  "War." I say.
  "Can you tell me?"