Actually Talking to Loki

"How do I teleport and stuff?" I ask Loki shamefully, desperate to change the subject but also ashamed that I have powers that I don't know how to use and the only person who can help me is freaking Loki.
"Close your eyes and imagine where you want to go. As for moving things, just save your hand or think what you want to do at a certain person or object." Loki says carelessly, collapsing back to his original spot on the floor. I find a torch and practice with it for a while. I point my finger at it and it rises from the wall with the motion of my hand. I put it back and then do it again with my mind. This is surprisingly easy. There's no way I'min any condition to stand yet because of the dizziness, but I attempt to teleport to the torch. Not to mention that Loki is watching me with one eyebrow raised this entire time. I can't figure out if he's surprised that I catches on to this so fast, or I doing it completely wrong. I close my eyes and imagine the place next to the torch. Nothing happens. I open my eyes and do it again. Still nothing. I look over at Loki with a confused look and he's smirking.
"What did I do wrong?" I ask, annoyed with him now.
"You have to imagine the place, that part you did right, I just thought it would be amusing to stop you from doing so." He says. Oh how much I would like to punch his pretty little face. The warm sensation is still there, so I shove him out with great difficulty and put my mental barriers back up so he can't get in my head. I give him one last icy glare before closing my eyes and imagine the spot nest to the torch again. Suddenly, it feels like I'm floating and a bright light flashes before my eyes. I open them and I have moved. I did it! Then another wave of dizziness hits me and I sprawl out on the floor from my current sitting position. Loki bursts into fits of laughter despite the fact that he hates everything and is extremely depressed all the time. I give him an icy glare and try again. I sit back up and teleport myself next to the pudding which is still sitting on the ledge. I still get dizzy, but at least I don't fall over this time. I'm more confident to stand up and teleport now. I hold the bowl in my hands, stand up, and imagine myself inside the cell. Yes, I know that now I will be trapped in there, but if I don't do this, he won't leave me alone. Plus I owe him for giving me more powers and everything. And it's unjust that he doesn't get food. I open my eyes after the bright flash goes away and Loki is standing up. I get dizzy and have to fall on him so I don't face plant the floor again. Loki does nothing to help me. I grab onto his arm and shoulder and stay tree for a second until the dizziness goes away and instantly get off him. I don't want to be in physical contact with this jerk more than I have to be. I may be attempting to forgive him, but I certainly don't right now. It's still too recent. If I discovered his reason behind it, then maybe I could forgive him a little more. I straiten up and look at Loki, he's smirking of course. I shove the bowl into his chest and plop onto the floor and lean against the wall. Loki sits cross-cross in front of me, looking pleased with his pudding. He's eating it like he hasn't had any food in a week and his eyes are shining like a child's, so I'm assuming he loves it. He actually doesn't look like he just killed thousands of people yesterday. He looks happy. Genuinely happy. He looks kind of cute actually. I said kind of. Okay, maybe a lot cute. But that's not my point, my point is that he likes the pudding. I'm trapped in here with him, why not enjoy the view? He gets done eating as his green eyes snap to mine.
"What are you staring at?" He asks harshly, but curiously at the same time.
"You just seem like you really like that pudding." I say dismissively. Loki sets the bowl down and gets up. He starts pacing around the cell like a caged tiger. Well, I guess he kind of is. I sit here for a few seconds before curiosity takes over every emotion.
"What are you doing?" I ask with a slight tilt of my head.
"Pacing. What does it look like?" He asks harshly, not meeting my eyes.
"Obviously. But, why?" I ask.
"I'm bored." He states simply. I just watch him pace back and forth before I'm extremely bored as well. Not to mention the Orcs in the corner look scared to death of the both of us. Hmm, I wonder what they would do if I lifted one in the air. I lift the one closest to me, which has a red skin tone, and slowly lift it up in the air. I'm using my hand to do this. While I could just be using my mind, I want them to know I'm doing it. Even Loki stops pacing to watch. The Orc creature is freaking out, and so is it's buddy. The one in the air is screaming and flailing it's arms wildly while the other one is also screaming and jumping on his friend, trying to pull him back to the ground. Not going to happen. So the other one is just clinging to his friend in the air, and both are screaming. It's quite a sight really. Both of these alien warriors, dressed in armor, scramming in sheer terror. I start attempting to stifle my laughter, which doesn't work. I start bursting into fits of laughter while watching to two creatures. After a while I set them back down on the ground and they look like they are about to cry. Laughter threatens to make itself known again, but I control it. The creatures huddle up as far as they can get into the corner and never take their eyes off Loki and I. Loki is smirking, but it quickly goes away and he's back to his depressed, evil self. I decide to flick him in the ear with my powers, but I don't use my hand. He instantly snaps his green eyes to mine and my stomach does another backflip. What is wrong with me?! I don't like him. At all. Well, maybe when he's not trying to kill everyone. He gives me an icy glare, in return, I give him an innocent shrug. He looks at me skeptically before pacing again. I wait a few seconds and then do it again. His eyes snap to mine again an this time I smirk. Anger flares up in his features and I try to stifle laughter.
"Stop it girl." He says bitterly. My laughter instantly stops.
"My name is Rae." I say harshly.
"I do not care. You are still a girl to me." He says harshly.
"I thought you actually cared. Like when I almost died. Apparently, I was wrong. It's all just an act, just to get what you want. Life doesn't work like that. Trust me." I say, the last part a bit sadly and mostly to myself. Loki's eyes flash with hurt, then back to his depressing state. I drop my eyes and play with my fingers, seeing as messing with Loki inly brings back memories which I don't want to remember, there's nothing else to do. I want my jeans and T-shirt. I'm getting annoyed with this stupid dress now. I never realized how much I hate dresses until now. Never again shall I wear one. Unless someone offers a great bargain. Like pay me or something, then I might wear one. But right now, after all those memories just flooded my brain again, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and cry. I cross one leg over the other and my arms across my chest. I try not to cry in front of Loki. He can't see how broken I am inside. If he does, it's a sign of weakness. He will enter that weak point in me and destroy me completely. I really don't need that. Despite my desperate attempts to not cry, a single tear falls down my cheek and I close my eyes, trying to stop any other ones from falling. The lump in my throat threatens to make me cry, and it's getting bigger. A cold finger wipes the tear off my cheek and I open my eyes, which are probably red ad puffy, to find...Loki?! I thought he didn't like me! He has actual concern in his eyes! What is this?! Conclusion: We are all about to die.
"What?" I ask, a bit too harsh. My emotions toward those memories are not the best. He tilts his head to the side slightly.
"What do you mean 'what'?" He asks.
"Why are you caring about me?" I ask.
"Because you care about me. I can see it." He says, then goes back to his normal self. I can recognize brokenness when I see it, Loki is definitely broken inside. That actually is pretty sad. He's lashing out in anger and evil because he doesn't know what else to do. And if he lets someone in, they could hurt him even more. If I ever want to become a little bit close with Loki, it's going to take a while. Loki starts pacing again and I close my eyes. I don't know what time it is, but I'm tired. Someone sits down next to me and I open my eyes and look to my left. Loki is sitting the same way as I am and staring at the golden light menacingly. I rest my head back against the wall and close my eyes.
"Why are you sitting next to me?" I ask boredly.
"There's nothing better to do." He says with even more boredom.
"Loki, killer of hundreds, just doesn't sit next to a mortal girl for no reason." I say.
"Yes he does."
"Why?"
"Because I'm bored."
"No, seriously, why?"
"Because you are one of the only people who has taken the time to visit me here. The only other person is my mother. She seems disappointed with me, yet she still loves me. She cares about me. You cared enough about me and justice to bring me food. I know it was mostly justice, but some of that was caring for me in your heart. Not many people care for me." I look at him and tears threaten to run down his face. He doesn't look at me, but keeps staring at the light.
"How do you know that?"
"While you were unconscious, I gained access to some of your thoughts."
"Oh. How much of my mind did you see?"
"Just that part. Nothing more. Your brain wouldn't allow it even after you were not awake to be able to stop it." Gotta love my brain.
"Why do you care about me?"
"Because, I care for people who care for me. Really the only people I care for in my life are my mother and sometimes my brother. And I'm staring to care for you. But that does not mean that I like you, or love you. It means that I am not going to be as harsh with you as I am with others." How comforting Loki, how comforting.
"Way to make me feel special." I say sarcastically. He just smirks.
"Why were you crying?" He asks me suddenly. How does he change his moods so fast?! I give him a warning look.
"I don't really want to talk about it." I say sternly and he drops it by making his already thin lips disappear completely. Shane is a part of the reason as to why I was crying, but not all of it. I soon start drifting off to sleep. I never hear Loki move at all during this moment of silence. I eventually fall asleep sitting on a cell floor with a maniac who destroyed New York City. But he's more broken inside than I am. I can sense it. Soon, all my thoughts morph into a big blob and I fall into another dreamless sleep.

"I see you two have hit it off quite well." Thor booms jokingly, startling me awake. I feel Loki jolt a little at his brothers voice too. Wait, feel? I wake up a little more and take in all of my surroundings. I'm cuddled up to Loki with my head on his shoulder and his head is resting on mine making my stomach do another backflip. Maybe it's just because I haven't had this type of physical contact with a guy for about a year. As soon as both of us realize what's going on, we recoil off of each other. Thor just laughs.
"Maybe not." Thor shrugs.
"Is it morning?" I ask with a stretch. Loki is glaring at me. What? It's not like you couldn't have moved. I tell Loki sarcastically. It does little to get his icy stare off me. I focus my attention back to Thor.
"Yes it is." Thor says, oblivious to what his little brother is giving me. Social awkwardness. I take a discrete step away from Loki.
"So, it's time to go back?" I ask hopeful. Thor nods and I beam at him. Loki rolls his eyes. I ignore his dramatics and then give Thor a thoughtful look.
"What is it Lady Stark?" Thor asks with a slight tilt to the head.
"How are we supposed to get out without him getting away and those guys getting out?" I ask while pointing at Loki, then at the Orc creatures.
"I have handcuffs for Loki. As for the Jumdari, I think they are too afraid of you to attempt it." Thor says amusedly. With a glance at the Jumdari I can tell that they are terrified. I put up a hand to the Jumdari and one of them lets out a high pitched squeak. I smirk to myself.
"Stay." And both of them nod their heads violently. Loki rolls his eyes again. Yeah, I know, it was a little childish, but I'm a little childish, so it's all good. I use my powers to hold Loki back and Thor makes the golden light disappear, all with this stupid smile on his face. I make Loki float so he has no choice but to have handcuffs put on him. He looks annoyed with me but does nothing in protest. I hold my hand out and Thor reluctantly hands me the cuffs.
"What? You think a girl can't do this?" I ask sarcastically. Thor gives me an apologetic look and I turn to Loki, who is giving me a warning look. I, of course, ignore it and out the handcuffs on him anyways. He scowls at me, but still says nothing.
"I take it these handcuffs are enchanted like the cell?" I ask, more to myself than anyone else.
"Yes. How did you end up in the cell?" Thor asks curiously.
"Well......." I keep my back towards him.
"You brought him food, didn't you?" Thor asks disappointedly. I nod. I hear Thor let out an annoyed sigh behind me, but he says nothing. I let Loki back down on the ground and grab the bar in the middle of the black handcuffs. Loki gives me a disapproving look, but I ignore him again. I would much rather drag him to annoy him, then let him walk by himself and be semi-content. I grin at him and Thor starts walking. I follow him, dragging a reluctant Loki behind me.