Fury's Fury

I stand next to the Empire State Building, frozen in my tracks. He barely trusted me. But he did trust me. He said so himself. And I made him believe I let him down by "handing him over" to S.H.I.E.L.D. Even though I know I'm not letting him go, he doesn't. He thinks I just have him over to the people he hates the most. I'm just one more person in his life who doesn't love him. He's wrong. I know what they will probably do to him. Torture. I don't love him. I barely trust him. I'm only letting him stay with me because I have to. But I can't stand by and watch another person, innocent or not, be tortured beyond physical ability, unable to do anything back. In my mind, that's not right. I shake my head to clear my head and imagine the inside of the chamber where Loki's old cell was. I pulled an image from Tonys mind. I close my eyes and then a bright flash nod the feeling of being pulled in all different directions. Then still, quiet, and clean air. I open my eyes and I'm in the place where I wished to be. There's a big circular, glass container in the middle with all sorts of walkways around it. The room is a dull gray, all lights seeming to be in the cell. There's a touchscreen panel of buttons to my left and I hear faint footsteps behind me. I quickly make myself invisible and turn around. I see the two men from the helicopter, practically dragging a depressed Loki, who no longer has my sunglasses on, into the room through a glass door. The man himself is following them. He walks over to me and the control panel. I move discretely out of the way so they don't know I'm here. Fury's fingers dance around the panel until the door opens. Fury turns to face the cell while putting his hands behind his back. The men walk Loki up to the door and then throw Loki into the cell. I mean, they literally throw him. He lands on his face and everything. And until they leave, I'm helpless. It's not okay to throw living things. It hurts to be thrown around like a rag doll. Loki stands back up and gives Fury a menacing look.
"Do you remember this?" Fury asks and gestures to the cell. Loki puts his hands behind his back and spreads his legs a little. He looks at Fury with an evil glare and a smirk.
"Oh I remember it very well. But so you remember, the last time I escaped." Does he know I'm here?
"But you're not this time. The Tesseract is safe on your planet and all my allies are loyal to me. You have nothing and no one." Loki looks slightly hurt, but quickly covers it up. Fury doesn't notice, but I do. When Loki says nothing back, except smirking, Fury gives Loki one last glare before turning to leave. I watch Fury walk down the hallway and check the other end to make sure no one is coming before locking the glass door. I manipulate everyone on this ship except Loki and I that the cameras only show Loki, not me after I make myself visible. And he would be pacing to everyone in security. No one will bother us. And if someone does walk past the door, it's locked and I'm telepathic. So is Loki, but this cell also blocks telepathic fields like the cell in Asgard. I'll need to manually drop the deflections of the telepathic field before I can get Loki. Okay Fury, how to take down the deflections for dummies? I go through Fury's mind until I find what I'm looking for. I type in the code on the panel for the deflectors to go down. Loki was pacing, but as soon as I touched the panel it started making noises and I'm still invisible. So, right now he's looking at the general area of me. And I am unwillingly mesmerized by his stare. The guy is hot, what can I say? Again, I think he's hot, but I'm not in love with him. I don't even like him. There's a difference between hot and in love. I face Loki and make myself visible. He takes a step back like he doesn't believe what's in front of him and he has shock plastered all over his face.
"You came to rescue me?" He asks confused. I nod. He puts his hands behind his back again and takes a few steps closer to the glass and leans foreword.
"Why?" He asks bitterly.
"I know what they will do to you. I can just stand by and watch, knowing of the horrors that would have came to you. It's not right. For you, or anybody to be tortured."
"But I have yet to be tortured."
"That's why I'm getting you out of here. To avoid being tortured." I say sarcastically.
"Is this love?" His question catches me off guard.
"No. I'm trying to be a friend to you Loki. If I'm right, I'm the closest thing to a real friend you have ever had in a long time. If you want my help, fine, if not, fine. The choice isn't mine to make anymore." Loki looks like I caught him off guard. He's about to say something but I cut him off.
"Why are you being so nasty to me? I'm trying to help you." Looking lowers his head a little.
"I'm a monster."
"No you are not. Just hurting."
"You said it yourself! Me, I killed! You hate anything that hurts other people! So why help a murderer?! Why help a monster?!" He is shouting at me and looks like he wants to strangle me.
"Because I forgave you. I won't forget what you did, but I forgave you for it. And you need help. Like it or not, you need help." With that, I teleport inside the cell and get ready for Loki to tear me to shreds. I'm already on the brink of tears because that conversation brought back memories of my military past. I close my eyes and breath in and out, waiting for impact. But it never comes. I open my eyes to see two curious emerald green orbs staring into my brown eyes.
"Well, what are you waiting for?" I ask
"What do you mean what am I waiting for?"
"When I was out there, you looked like you wanted to strangle me. So, I simply gave you the opportunity to."
"Why?"
"Did you attack me?"
"Obviously not."
"I did it to show you that there's a better man inside than you think you are. You think you are a monster because you became that in New York. But you didn't attack me. The man who was in New York would have killed me without a thought. Yet here I am, untouched, unharmed." He just stares at me in disbelief.
"Why are you trying to help me?"
"Because I know what hurt looks like. And I hate to see it." I put my hand comfortingly on his shoulder, on the brink of tears again. Loki stares at me with...sympathy? But does it says nothing else. My eyes are probably red and puffy, just from the threat of tears. I stare into his eyes for a few seconds, just enjoying the peace of the moment before taking my hand off of his cool shoulder.
"We should get out of here." I say and any evidence that I was going to cry is gone. I keep my emotions under a mask because I must. Emotions are like a wound, the world, an infection. Keep emotions out for too long and the world will infect it like a disease infects a wound. The world will enter the weak point in me and tear me apart. I can't let others see my pain. Loki nods his head slowly. I'm about to grab his wrist to teleport us out when the cell door opens. Both of us snap our heads towards the door. Fury is standing in the doorway with a few agents by his side. He looks furious.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING AGENT STARK?!" Fury yells at me, eyes crazed, hands at his sides and slightly twitching. The against behind him look just as angry.
"I...er...uh.." I stammer, unable to find words.
"She was rescuing me." Loki says calmly and arrogantly with a smirk. I give him a nervous glare before turning my attention back on Fury and the agents.
"YOU ARE RESCUING HIM?!"
"Yes, I am."
"This man executed war with my world , he talks about peace and he kills because it's fun. Why on earth would you want to even be associated with this man?"
"Because I was assigned by Odin, his father," I jab a thumb at Loki, "to take care of him. And that's what I'm going to do. And no one, not even you are going to stop me." I suddenly get extremely angry and all the agents-even Fury- start backing away from me in fear. Even Loki takes a few steps back. I look at all of them in confusion. Then I look at my hands. They are on fire. They are on blooming fire. A dark blue fire that gets lighter the closer it gets to my hands.
"Your eyes-they're on fire, blue fire." One of the agents behind Fury says in shock. I look at my reflection and sure enough, my eyes look like they are on fire from inside my skull. And blue like my hands. This is the worst telepathic flare up I've had yet. At least my mind reading abilities haven't ripped apart anyone's mind. I decide to use my newfound abilities to scare all of them off and leave Loki and I alone.
"You would be wise to leave Loki and I alone. Leave us." All the agents except Fury flee in a panic.
"I am not so easily fooled Agent Stark. I bet you don't even know what you can do." Fury folds his arms across his chest. That just makes me angrier but I refuse to say anything.
"I cannot let you leave with Loki. I will stop you if I must." Fury holds his ground as I take a few steps towards him. I am keen on carrying out my duty. Loki still has potential to destroy everyone if I leave him to fend for himself with S.H.I.E.L.D. He will get angry that another person who he trusted left him for dead and seek revenge. I can't let that happen. If I can take car of him, I might be able to fix him, to make him a better person.
"Then you will have to stop me. Because I'm not leaving without him." I turn my body towards Nick, get into an attack position, and brace myself for the coming fight.
"So be it." Fury pulls his gun out and points it at my head. I read his mind to see when he's going to pull the trigger and throw my hands out in front of me a second before he shoots. A blue forcefield surrounds me and the bullet ricochets off it and into a random area of the room. I put my hands back down and Fury puts his gun away, deeming it useless.
"My turn." I growl with a smirk. I throw my hands up again but this time, a dark blue blast of energy shoots out of my palm at Fury's chest and he goes flying into the wall. He takes a minute but painfully gets up. He calmly walks back up to me. When he's about five feet away he lunges at me. I take advantage and hit him hard in mid lunge so that he has no control over where he goes since he's in midair. He flies almost over the railing, but catches it at the last second. I kindly let him get back on solid ground before shooting him again. He screams angrily and charges at me. I try to sway him away again, but he ducks at the last second and wraps his arms around my waist tightly. He pins me to the ground and tries to punch me. I catch his fist each time, which is pretty easy and painless, considering I have superstrength. Suddenly, Fury is violently pulled off me. I sit up and Loki has his knee on Fury's chest and is relentlessly punching Fury as hard as he can, anywhere he can. Fury is hitting Loki in the gut. I walk around to Fury's head and am about to hit his head hard enough to knock him out when he suddenly punches me in the jaw pretty hard, hard enough to hurt. This produces an angry yell from Loki, who proceeds to punch Fury in the head, repeatedly and extremely hard. Fury's grip on Loki's sides starts to weaken and soon, his arms drop to the floor and he goes limp. Loki probably knocked him out. I rub my jaw carefully. Fury hit me harder than I thought.
"Are you okay?" Loki asks, eyes full of concern. I nod but he doesn't look so convinced.
"Let me see." I drop my hand from the left side of my jaw and Loki's hand replaces it. His hand feels cool on my face, strangely good and comforting. I blush and he lightly chuckles with a small smile, not taking his eyes from my jaw. He glances at my lips, but I pass it off as him inspecting my face for more injuries. Nevertheless, it makes me blush more. His long, slender fingers gently caress my jawline, that is until he touches were Fury hit me. I jump back away from his touch and a sharp intake of breath escapes my mouth.
"Sorry." He says and gives me a half-smile.
"It's fine. I didn't know he hit that hard though." Loki shrugs.
"Neither did I." He glances at my eyes and I giggle. He focuses back on my injury.
"Now that I know where it is, maybe I can heal it." Before I can protest him using magic on me, he puts his hand on the side of my face, closes his eyes, and starts muttering a strange language under his breath. Slowly, the pain starts to fade away. After a few more seconds I'm completely fine. I smile at Loki.
"Thanks."
"My pleasure." That's when something jumps on Loki's back and pulls him to the floor. He hits his head, hard. That's when I realize the 'something' is Fury. Fury pins Loki down by putting a knee to his chest and starts punching Loki, over and over. It takes a minute for my brain to get over the shock of it all and register what's happening. I get angry again and my hands catch on fire again. Maybe I unlocked some ancient genetics or something? This has never happened before. I shoot Fury in the side and he goes flying into the cage. I shut the door and lock it before Fury has time to get up. Loki lays on the floor, stunned. I stand by the control panel, panting slightly. My hands slowly fade until they are normal again. But I'm still furious with Fury.
"I assume my position is compromised?" I growl, not really caring that I'm fired. Fury takes a moment to stand. There's a hole in his black leather coat ad some splotches on his black shirt underneath with small amounts of blood pouring out of his skin. I didn't know I was that powerful. He eventually stands though, his hands behind his back like he doesn't notice his injuries.
"Yes." He sounds as angry as I feel.
"I shall make a deal with you." I propose, quite confidently.
"And if I refuse?"
"You will drop to your death." His mouth opens slightly at my statement and his eyes scream shock.
"Don't look so shocked Fury. I'm telepathic after all." I shake a finger at him mockingly.
"What kind of deal are we talking?" He narrows his eyes at me and tilts his head slightly to the side.
"You, your agents, alies, and basically anyone associated with you and people working with you leave Loki and I alone, forget we exist."
"What do we get in return?"
"Your lives. I'm inpatient and full of rage at the moment Fury. It would be wise not to cross paths with me." Nick seems to ponder this for a while before slowly and reluctantly nodding. I glance triumphantly at Loki and he nods in approval. I sound like his evil minion apprentice right now, looking to him for approval. But I don't care. S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to leave us alone. I let Fury out of the cage and he storms out of the room. I turn to face Loki, unable to stop the triumphant and proud grin that etched it's way onto my face. We overcame Fury's fury, and won. He smirks back. I take his cool wrist in my hand.
"Now, who's ready to buy some normal clothes?" I ask rhetorically before teleporting us to an extremely distant mall in New York.