Fairytales

I wake up to the feeling of my insides being squeezed and compressed to the point to where they might snap, before relaxing a little bit. My period. Great. I knew it was coming soon so I already have a pad on thankfully. I cringe and whimper and try to pull my knees to my chest to see if I can get enough relief to get some medicine. My mid thighs hit someone's arms and that's when I realize I'm in Loki's bed with him. And he has his arms around me and my back is lightly against his chest. My whole body shivers with pleasure. Must be the hormones. I try to pry his arms out from around my midsection so I can curl up in a ball and cry because the pain is near unbearable, but as soon as I try to lift his arm, he tightens his grip on me a little and pulls me into his chest more. I whimper again as a tear escapes my eye. I quickly wipe it away. Loki Burt's his head in my neck. This is actually pretty comfortable. If I don't have cramps that is. I reach my hand and stroke his pale face and sharp cheekbones in an attempt to wake him up. He stirs and I retract my hand, face pinkened from the contact. He groans and I find it sexy, before he sits up. I curl tighter into a ball and try to hold back a sob, but it doesn't work and I end up racking my body making the pain worse.
"What's wrong with you?" He says carelessly an tired. My back is too him but I can tell he's annoyed and thinks that it's girl drama or something.
"My stomach is cramping up." I feel him get up and walk around to my side of the bed. He kneels down so he's on my level and his face is a mere inch from mine. I blush at the closeness. His Emerald orbs stare into my brown ones sympathetically. I didn't know he was capable of sympathy. Maybe, just maybe, he's changing.
"Is there anything I can do?" He asks
concerned. I nod.
"In the hallway in the closet there's a light blue bottle that says 'Ibuprofen'. Get me that. And a drink of water please." He nods and rushes out of the room as another wave of pain hits me. I shrivel up and take it like the soldier I am. I've had worse than this. I can hear the closet door flung open and it sounds like he just dumped the whole container of bottles on the floor. I hear quickened footsteps walking towards the kitchen and not long after, the sink running. Loki emerges into the room a few moments later. He walks over to me and I painfully sit up. I take two Ibuprofens before curling up into a ball again.
"Is there anything else I can do?" He asks. He actually sounds concerned. You can rub my stomach. That's what you can do. No you can't. I don't like you. But I do. But I don't. But, ugh. It must be the hormones. But if he did rub my stomach it would actually make me feel better. Oh crap. Warm sensation in my brain. Loki smirks before walking around to the other side of the bed and crawling back under the covers next to me. He puts his hand on my side and tugs gently so I will lay on my stomach. I do, but reluctantly. He chuckles and it causes a shiver of pleasure to run down my spine and mutant butterflies erupt in my gut. He keeps his eyes trained on mine while he slips his cool hand under my shirt and rubs my bare stomach, taking caution that he doesn't go to high or too low. The shirt still covers most of the skin though. I relax under his touch and I guess he could feel it because he gives me a smirk as he draws circles on my stomach. Meanwhile I'm probably as red as a tomato right now. This is more than awkward.
"So......." I say awkwardly.
"So......." He says, mocking me.
"I'm trying to break this awkwardness."
"Yes, that would probably be for the better." He says and gives me a half smile, cocks his head to the side, with a mischievous glint in his beautiful Emerald eyes. It's adorable. Okay, woah, hold on. No no no, I can't think like this. But he's adorable. Alright, I am just going to blame all romantic thoughts about him on hormones.
"What did you do in Asgard? I mean, as children?" I ask. He looks away from me and at the window, which has the blinds down but is still letting sunlight in. He draws small circles with his fingers on my stomach and the coolness and the motion actually helps a lot.
"I would practice magic and tricks with my mother, Frigga. My so-called father, Odin, wanted me to be a warrior like my perfect brother Thor. I never took such interests. My brother and I used to play games in the palace when we were children. We have become more separate as the years have passed. But my mother used to tell me fairy tales and she would show me all the tricks she had up her sleeve. I used to play them on Thor. When Odin found out about me prankish the holy perfect child, he would punish me. Harshly. My mother wouldn't let it go on though. As soon as she heard my screams she would come and rescue me. Afterwards, she would take me to the gardens and we would play games. My mother was also my best friend. Although she probably hates me and is extremely disappointed in me now." He says the last part harshly and rage fills his saddened eyes. His hand tightens around my stomach making it hurt, but I don't yelp or show any indication that it hurts. He hurts more. I put my hand under my shirt and on top of his. He loosens his grip all the way so it's just resting on my mid-section. He looks at me, startled a little bit that I would try to comfort him. Sometimes I surprise myself with this stuff too. Right now is one of those moments. He looks at me and I look back into his eyes. His soften a little before looking down and playing with the covers like it's the most interesting thing he's ever seen. I remove my hand from his and he continues to draw meaningless designs. We stay like that for a little while.
"Tell me an Asgardian fairy tale." I say, in hopes to make him feel better. His eyes light up and a small smile plays at his lips. He looks at me before telling me the story.
"Alright. This one was one of my mothers favorites." He says and smiles, probably remembering his past with his mum, before continuing.
"Both Jotun and Asgardian were the royalty of their realm, born of highest standing and destined to inherit the throne of their people. Their realms had long been at war, but in the generation of their fathers an uneasy peace had been established. It lay tenuous, often tested by skirmishes near the border where the realms met.