I'm Sick

Loki and I awkwardly untangle our legs from each other, both of our cheeks beat red. We finally get free after what seems like an eternity and we immidietly jump out of the bed. I walk out the door, extremely embarrassed, with my head down leaving Loki to fix the bed or whatever. Chase and Sof are already on the futon, watching The Price Is Right or whatever. They both have a weird fetish for that show. I walk quietly down the hallway and into the kitchen. I can't let them know I'm up until my flaming cheeks calm down. I quietly take a cup out of the cupboard and fill it with water from the fridge. It has a water and I've dispenser thing on the outside so I don't have to open it, risking more noise. I take a drink and it doesn't calm me down much. At least it helps my body cool down. I already feel a headache coming on. Then my nose decides to sneeze. Really, really loud. Great. Both of my friends on the futon whip their heads towards the noise. They both smirk at my reddened face. Sof walks into the kitchen, smirking, grabs my cup, sets it on the countertop, and starts dragging me into the den.
"Hey! What are you doing?!" I yell at her while she's doing this. She grins. Which just annoys me more. She pushes me down on the futon next to Chase and then she plops down next to me. Great. Now I'm trapped (they still don't know I have powers, so I can't use my powers around them. I'm afraid to tell them. What is they leave me all alone because they think I'm a monster?). What is this for anyways???
"Okay, what's going on?" I ask annoyed as I prop myself up on my elbows. Chase and Sof each grab a shoulder and pull me up so my back is resting on the back of the futon. Both of them smirk at me. I look nervously between the two. None of us notice that Loki is leaning against the wall that separates the kitchen and den, and just as curious as I am. I look at Sof. She grins.
"Spill."
"What?"
"Spill."
"Spill what? I have nothing to spill."
"Yes you do."
"Okay. Fine. Yes. I slept in the same bed with a guy. Does that mean something went on? No! It doesn't! Besides, you would have heard it if something did. I would never dream of it anyways." I say quickly as I ponder that she might be referring to this morning. But how could she know?
"Oh but something did go on." Chase says suggestively. I'm getting tired of their tricks.
"Fine! Tell me what went on because I obviously don't know!" I fold my arms across my chest and start coughing. My headache is getting stronger. They don't seem to notice or care. The figure leaning on the wall does, but doesn't do anything because he too is curious as to what my friends have to say.
"I walked in Loki's room this morning when I woke up to find you two tangled in each other's arms." Then, both of them get mad. Make up your emotions people!
"Is there, something, going on that you are not telling us?" Chase asks.
"No! We woke up like that. It was very awkward trying to get out of it. I didn't like it." Well, maybe I did enjoy it a little bit. What the heck am I saying?! No! I did not like it! Chase shrugs and goes back to watching the tellie. Sof, on the other hand, detects my doubt. She smirks at me, takes my hand, and starts dragging me towards the hallway. He stops dead when she sees Loki, silently watching the scene. He has no expression or emotion present, like always. I panic anyways. Sof waves shyly before dragging me into my room. Me coughing and gasping for air making my headache worse. I now have a runny nose. Am I getting sick? Am I sick already? Did Loki do this? Arg! So many questions! Before I know it I'm sitting on my bed and the door is slammed shut. She turns and puts her hands on her hips. I sigh and roll my eyes. Then I laugh lightly at her.
"I really don't see what all the fuss is about." That just makes her annoyed. She narrows her eyes at me and makes her lips into a line.
"Yes you do."
"No, I really don't." I do. I don't have to read her mind to know what all the fuss is about. I just like toying with her. I give her an innocent look. She narrows her eyes more.
"Be honest: did you, or did you not enjoy being tangled up with Loki?" I sigh confused.
"I really don't know." She sits on the bed with me. I play with my hands in my lap.
"How so?"
"Sometimes, when I think about or see him, my nerves go haywire. But at the same time, all I want to do is hate him. I'm not supposed to love him. I'm not supposed to even like him. I find him attractive and intriguing because he is so quiet and emotionless. Behind a mask."
"Just like you."
"Me?"
"Yes you. Ever since you came back from the military, you haven't been the same. I swear, it's hard to tell you and Loki apart by how you act."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Sometimes you are the most fun person in the world. At others, you shove everyone out. It's like you have two different personalities."
"I guess I kinda do."
"Now, why don't you know?"
"What?"
"Loki."
"I already told you."
"Tell me more."
"Fine. He's not like anyone I've ever met before. He's different. A good different. Ever since the first night here, he's completely ignored my entire existence. I don't mind that. The fact that he's barely said two words to me after that night intrigues me." Sof looks at me funny. Then raises an eyebrow. No Sof. Not in that way.
"How does he intrigue you?" She asks suggestively.
"Not like that Sof! You know I have curiosity issues!" It's true. I have an urge to explore everywhere when I go somewhere new. Or meet new people. Or learn new things. Or anything for that matter. She wiggles her eyebrows as I realize what I just said. My eyes go wide. She laughs at me.
"Curious about what?" She leans into me and sticks her face in front of me, trying to intimidate me.
"About what he's hiding behind that mask of his." She sits back and becomes serious.
"Chase and I are curious as to what you hide behind your mask." She plays with her hands in her lap.
"Maybe one day I will tell you guys what happened."
"When you you be ready to tell us? I know that Jorm died while you were in charge, but it wasn't your fault." She runs my back comforting me because she could see my eyes getting red. It was my fault. He died. My fault. All my fault........
"It was my fault!" I bury my head in my hands. Jorm was like the brother I never had. He grew up with all four of us (me, Tony, Sof, and Chase). When Tony was gone, Jorm was my brother. I was closest to him. Now he's dead. And it's all my fault.
"No, it wasn't. I dot know what happened out there, but for some reason, I refuse to let you think it was your fault." I nod, knowing that she won't be able to change my mind and I don't feel like arguing, so I let her believe she wins this one. With persistence I could change her mind. I just don't feel like spilling my soul out right now. I feel like crap. I start coughing again.
"Are you okay? You're really warm." Sof asks after a few moments of silence. I'm emotionally stable by now. I nod and get up and walk into my bathroom. My nose is swollen and red. Great. I'm sick. I grab a roll of toilet paper from under the sink and blow all the crap I can out of my nose. I throw the used paper away and walk into the kitchen where Sof is silently sitting at the island. I set the roll of paper on the table top and sit next to her. Chase and Loki are currently having a staredown from where we left them earlier. Loki is still leaning on the divider wall ad Chase is still on the futon. Chase has an ACDC shirt on with blue jeans and no shoes or socks. Loki still has the skin tight black shirt on from yesterday and the black basketball shorts he slept in last night. For some reason, I feel heat come to my face at the thought of Loki wearing a skin tight shirt. To avoid more of Sofs interrogating questions that I don't have answers for, I go back into my bathroom and take my temperature. 101F. Fever. Great. I hate being sick. I start hacking again and look for a decongestant. I finally find one in the closet in the hallway after an.....extensive search.....of the bathroom. Don't worry, I put the sink doors back. They were annoying me. So I took them off. But I put them back on. No real harm done here. Shut up.

I walk out of the hallway, shutting the closet door as I do so. I waltz right in the den, sit on the futon a space away from Chase, and lay down with my head in his lap. Some people would call me an idiot for interrupting a staredown. Some would call be brave. And others, wise. Chase strokes my hair, he always does this with Sof and I; it's kinda his thing with us. I see a pang of jealousy flash across Loki's features before he hides it behind his mask again. Those green eyes........
"I'm sick." I say to try to break the awkward silence and tension so thick you could cut it with a knife. All three of the people in my apartment look at me with astonishment. I simply stare into Loki's eyes. I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but he's staring back at me intently with a shimmer of worry in those cold, emotionless eyes. Chase gently lifts my head off his lap and replaces it with the pillow he slept with last night. Loki covers me with the blanket. He doesn't move a muscle though. The blanket just floats gently and gracefully onto my body. I am actually kinda tired, but I don't want to sleep when I have friends over. They must know this because both of them walk out the door to do who knows what for the rest of the day. They left me alone with Loki. Which I should be used to this. But after this morning, who knows he might be mad. I look at him. He's staring at the floor and he looks like he's thinking.
"S-sorry about this morning." I say, then sneeze really loud. It racks my chest and hurts a little. Loki glances at me and his pale cheeks an almost unnoticeable shade of pink.
"What? Oh, it's nothing." He looks at the floor again. I shrug and attempt to go to sleep, but I can feel his green eyes on me. Or maybe it's my over active imagination. Either way, it's awkward. At least for me. I hear quiet footsteps coming my way and open my eyes. I look up and see his green ones staring back into my brown ones. He genuinely smiles at me which shocks me because Loki doesn't smile. He just doesn't. And it's a real smile too. Not a smirk. A real smile. Then he leans down and wedges his slender hands underneath my knees and back. He picks me up in his long arms, bridal style and holds me close to his chest. My hands are resting on his chest, but I am too stunned and nervous to do or say anything. I wouldn't know what to say even if I did trust myself to speak though. He carries me to my room and lays me down in the messed up bed. Like Chase said before, Sof is the opposite of grace and peace when she sleeps. At least he doesn't have to undo the covers. He lays my head down on a pillow and covers me up with the white comforter.
"Are you comfortable?" His concerned, velvety voice asks from my left. I turn my head to look at him and smile and nod. The corners of his mouth twitch like he's going to smile, then, reconsidered. I roll over and am about to drift to sleep when the bed and covers shift behind me. What now? I swear, if Loki's in this bed he better plead to Odin that I don't knock his lights out. After a while, the bed stops moving. But I am not at peace. I was at peace when I was the only one in this bed.
"Do you mind?" A velvety voice asks.
"Not now since you're already in the bed." I reply sarcastically. Strong arms like iron envelop my body and my nerves and resonators system go haywire. Loki senses this and loosens his grip on me a little bit. He's cool, but I have a high fever and a headache, so I don't mind. It actually feels good. I don't do anything to show that I like it though. I haven't been touched by a guy like this in so long, it's kinda nice. Or it's just the fever talking. Either way, I start to get drowsy wrapped up in Loki's arms. Without realizing it, I snuggle into Loki's embrace so that his chest is pressed against my back. He pulls me closer to him with his arms and I put my hands over my stomach, where his arms are resting. I don't realize I'm doing this because I'm barely conscious. But I do it for some reason. And it feels kinda nice.......
I SAID KINDA!!!