Pizza and Movies

I am just about done with my Big Ben, colored and everything. Loki and I have been sitting in here drawing, undisturbed, for about an hour. It's 6:04, so about an hour. Neither of us have spoken any for that whole hour, but it isn't awkward, it's actually a strangely comfortable silence between the two of us. I'm still not sure whither I hate him or like him as a very distant friend. Yes, yes I know I agreed to be friends with him, but there are some flaws to this. I don't trust him, I don't know if he will hurt me or not, and he's really rude. I can stand sassy ad sarcastic, it's when I'm treated as slower life form that I can't stand. My stomach growls loudly and I turn tomato red. Loki looks over at me, raises an eyebrow, and a small smirk is playing on his lips. I refuse to look at him except through the corner of my eyes. Sof still doesn't have our pizza or else she would have told us.
"Hungry are we?" He asks mockingly.
"Maybe a little bit." I say shyly and shrivel up a little bit. I am horrible in awkward situations. I just make them more awkward.
"What are you doing?" He asks like I'm stupid. That right there is what I can't stand! He can do it to others, I don't really care, but I am not a lower life form.
"Trying to get out of this awkward situation." I say a little bit annoyed.
"By curling up into a ball?" He asks sarcastically. I glare at him for my answer and he chuckles a most angelic chuckle. What the heck is up with you emotions?!?!?!
"Pizzas here guys!" Sof yells through the door. Thank God! An escape! And food! I bolt towards the door and Loki chuckles again. I thought about teleporting into the kitchen, but decide against it because then I would have to explain it to them. And I don't feel like doing that. I run down the hall and into the kitchen where two pizza boxes are sitting on the island.
"What kind did you get?" I ask, my eyes trained on the boxes with a stupid grin on my face. Sof and Chase both laugh at me, for now I am rested on my elbows, just staring at the boxes. In case you didn't get the memo, in really hungry.
"Chicken and-"
"Bacon." Chase cuts Sof out. I look up at Chase and glare at him before walking to the part of the room that is farthest away from him. He gives me an extremely confused look.
"What's gotten into you today?"
"You."
"Me?"
"Yes you, you drunk!" I spit at him. I don't care if I'm hurting him. I'm angry. And he asked. So in all truth, this is his fault. His face falls and he doesn't look at me, he plays with the corner of one of the pizza boxes instead.
"Oh." Is all he says. But he sounds defeated. So I am satisfied, for now.
"Umm........Pizza anyone?" Sof awkwardly asks. I perk up and smile at her, refusing to look at Chase. By this time, Loki emerges from the hallway. And as fate would have it, I'm leaning against the fridge which is right next to the hallway. Loki brushes past me and stands on the other side of me by the sink and crosses his arms. He looks confused and annoyed. We all stare at him, also confused.
"What?" Sof finally asks. He snaps his head to her.
"Do not use that tone with me, mortal." Okay, I take back what I said earlier, no one should be treated as a lower life form.
"She can talk to you in whatever tone she wants to." I say defiantly. His eyes snap over to mine, rage evident in them, but I don't stand down.
"No she shall not."
"Yes she shall." I say mocking him.
"Why not?" He spits. I pint up and be looks up, then back at me, confused.
"Up there, in Asgard, you might be a Prince. But down here, you are one I is and you will not treat us as lower life forms. I will not have it."
"Yes mother." He says mockingly. I glare at him. I am so tempted to strangle him right now.
"I'm trying to back off from my friend at least." I say.
"Say please." He says.
"Wasn't that the equivalent of please?"
"Yes, but say it."
"No." I will not give him the satisfaction of having even the tinyest control over me. I cross my arms over my chest and she slumps a little bit.
"You are not going to back down from this are you?" He asks as he raises an eyebrow.
"No." He rolls his eyes.
"Fine. I will leave your putrid friends alone."
"Thank you," I turn to Sof, "I would like some pizza." She smirks at me before opening the pizza boxes. I get out plates and cups while Chase pulls a Pepsi bottle from the fridge. Loki does nothing, except pout. He got beaten by a girl, twice. He's not the happiest about that. I ignore him nevertheless. I get one piece of each pizza. I reluctantly get Loki some too. I don't like giving my precious food away to people I am currently angry at. Which includes Chase and Loki right now. I carelessly set the paper plate on the counter and walk away to get mine.
"What is this repulsive food?!" Loki asks disgusted.
"It's pizza. Duh. Just eat it." I say annoyed.
"I won't like it." I turn to him an look him dead in the eyes.
"Just eat it." I say almost demandingly. I'm tired of his crap already. He picks up the chicken piece and practically inspects it before taking a bite. His eyes light up and the corners of his mouth twitch, but he quickly regains his composure. He looks me dead in the eyes and they lock. Neither of us say anything for a few moments as he chews the pizza.
"I don't like it." He finally says. Then takes another bite and smirks. I just roll my eyes at him, but can't help but smile a little. I tun around and pick up my plate of pizza as walk to to futon. I sit down, leaving space for someone on either side of me. Sof comes in a few minutes later with two Pepsi's. I almost always forget to get myself a drink. I smile a thank you at her before she goes and gets her pizza and sits on the side of me that is not by the end. Chase soon follows and I glare at him. He sits next to Sof. Loki comes in, sees the only empty space is between me and the armrest, so he shrugs lightly and sits there. Sof nudges me a little and I glare at her, realizing she set this up.
"We should watch a movie." I say before taking another bite.
"Do you have any left?" Sof asks. I grow sad. I had saved up and spent so much money on all my movies in my old apartment. Now all of them are ruined.
"No. But I do have Netflix." I say. Sof smiles and gets up to grab the remote off the shelf next to the tellie. She tosses it to me and it comes precariously close to the four drinks resting on the glass coffee table. I shy away out of habit. I pull my feet up onto the couch and curl into a little ball. I don't fancy getting soaked by Pepsi. I don't think anyone does. The remote lands on the floor and the drinks are untouched. Well don't I feel stupid. Sof smirks and Chase tries not to smirk. And I bet you $20 that Loki is smirking behind my back. I turn and look at him and, sue enough, he has an amused smirk plastered on his face. I turn red and return to my previous sitting position on the couch.
"What was that?" Sof asks amusedly.
"The remote was coming close to the drinks and I isn't feel like getting soaked. Sof shrugs, still smirking, before picking the remote up and sitting back down next to me. She hands me the remote and I turn on my Netflix app on my tellie. We scroll through movies for half an hour before finding The Terminator and watching that. Loki kept asking us what a movie even is. I just kept telling him that he would see. He doesn't like being patient, so I made him wait and be curious. Our pizza is gone by the time the movie starts, and it's 7:34. I have never seen this movie before, so I have no idea what time I will be able to sleep. Not that I will. I usually stay up really late and wake up really late. But I can't stay up late with Chase and Sof living with me. So I just sleep when they do. The movie starts and my eyes are glued to the screen. I jump every once and a while and love this movie half to death. An the movie isn't even over yet. Loki and I are both resting elbows on our knees, propping ourselves up as we watch the movie. We don't notice each other though, we are too focused on the movie. When the movie ends, I kinda get sad. I don't want it to end. It was a good movie.
"Let's watch another!" Sof more demands than suggests. I nod in agreement. She picks The Odd Life of Timothy Green. I have had to sit through that movie so many times while babysitting a kid in my old apartment building. I let Sof watch it though, even I am not in the least interested in the movie. About halfway through, I get tired and my thoughts as the sounds around me all morph into a big blob before I slip into the darkness of sleep for the night.
Loki's P.O.V.
This 'movie', is what it is so called, is not very good. I liked the other one better. I lean back into the, um, chair, to try and avoid the movie. Suddenly, something, or rather, someone, falls onto my lap. It's Rae. What am I supposed to do with her?! Why is she laying in my lap?! Is she asleep?! Why does she look beautiful while she sleeps?! No. No Loki. Sentiment is weak. She is a mortal, her life is not unlike a whisper. Even if I did find her to be more than what she is to me now, which is almost nothing besides an acquaintance, she would die long before I did. I look over to her pathetic Midgardian friends and the girl, Sofie, is smirking, while Chase is averting his gaze from her and I. Smart move, wouldn't want to hurt her any more than you have. No, I'm not doing this. She is nothing, they are nothing. I should be ruling them! Why does this pathetic mortal girl have such power and control over me?! Because she could kill me if she wanted to. And she is all the things I used to be. She is also quite beautiful for a Midgardian. Ugh! Why do I keep thinking so highly of her?!
"You should probably take her to bed." Sofie says. No way in Hel am I doing that.
"Why can't one of you do it? You are her friends after all." I say bitterly and scowl at her. She seems unaffected by it. It actually makes her smirk even wider. And it makes Chase hide his head even more.
"Because," she drags out, "she's too heavy for me to carry," she is right, I bet this girl cannot even lift so much as a brick, "and I know that if she found out thatChase carried her to bed, he would have his head," that is extremely accurate, "and you are the only one left. Go on then, take her to bed. And you might want to go to bed to. YOU have bags under your eyes and you look as tired as she is." Sofie says. She is surprisingly accurate in her calculations. I am the only one that can take Rae to our chambers. I am also very tired and this 'movie' is not nearly as good as the last one. I reluctantly nod, gaining a look of approval from Sofie. I carefully place Rae back in a sitting position, taking care as to where I put my hands. I slip my left arm behind her mid-back and my right under her knees. I gently pick her up as not to wake her. If I did, there would no longer be a point I this and I would have to sit through this dreadful movie. Sofie gently taps my arm to get my attention before I walk away. I look at her, slightly annoyed, all I want to do is get this over with and go to bed. My hands and arms are starting to get a strange tingling sensation and my insides are doing strange things. Like someone is stabbing me, but without the pain. And I don't even know why I'm acting like someone who has a certain liking for another. I look away from Rae and up at Sofie.
"What?" I say, even more annoyed. If I stop touching Rae, the strange sensation will go away and I know this because this isn't the first time this sensation has happened while I am around her. My question is why.
"Try not to wake her up or she just might attempt murder. And you better not come back until morning. Both of you are beat." Sofie says. I know she is joking, but I still do not want an angry female on my tail all the time, let alone two. I just nod and lift her close to my chest like I did when she was sick. I turn around and start walking towards the kitchen. At the doorway, her seemingly lifeless arms find their way around my neck, making the skin feel like it's on fire. She is definitely asleep, because I checked before I picked her up, so she doesn't even know what she's doing. It still makes me feel nervous and I feel like smiling at her. But I can't, I can't love her. Sentiment is a weakness. And I refuse to have any weakness. Besides, how could she love someone like me? How could she love a monster? She nuzzles her head into my chest and sighs, pulling out of my depressing thoughts and making my heart skip a beat. I look down at her sleeping form and a small smile breaks out onto my face before I can stop it. I can feel the eyes on both of her friends on me, but I ignore them. I don't really care about them anyways. I walk down the hallways, taking extra care as to not bump Rae intake the walls. I use my extremely limited magic to open my door since my hands are a little full right now. She actually isn't that heavy. I walk into my mostly black room and turn the light on with my elbow before gently kicking the door shut behind me. I pull the covers back on my neatly made bed, also using magic, before placing Rae down very gently. I make sure she is in a comfortable position before covering her up. I turn the light off before crawling into the bed myself. I don't know why, but I lay down on my side with my chest facing her back. I start to fall asleep before movement jerks me awake. I open my eyes and Rae is snuggling into my chest. What in the name of Asgard am I supposed to do?! Her friend warned me not to come back or wake her, and I would have to do one of those things in order to get away from her since we are in the middle of the bed, so what in the name of Asgard am I supposed to do?! I know this is probably the worst thing I could possibly do in this situation, but I wrap my arms around her. She nuzzles closer to me and makes my heart skip another beat. Stop it! She doesn't even know what she's doing! You are confused Loki! You barely know what you are doing! Argh! I'm so confused! I wish my emotions would just shut up or make up thirst minds because I'm too tired to think right now. She sighs again and butterflies take flight in my stomach just from the sound. What is she doing to me? I hate her for ruining my plans, but at the same time, I like her (as a possible friend). I just want to sleep. So I do. Eventually, I fall asleep as our heartbeats synchronize. And to be honest, it annoys me a little bit. But not as much as it should.