Chapter 28

(Harry's POV)

"The ol'Tommo, eh?" Zayn smirks.
"Yeah.."
"Oh, how I miss that fucker." He laughs. 

Wait. What?

"Miss him??" I asked confused as hell considering the story Louis had told me about their past.
"Ha, yeah. He was my best friend. I know I was a complete dick to him. But, he was just so damn annoying after he became friends with Liam and Niall. They were always singing like they were in some high-school musical shit. He was a loser with a high pitched voice. Couldn't sing for shit. Neither of them could. It was embarrassing being his friend. So, I had to end it. Maybe bullying him everyday wasn't such a great idea, but it got him to stop that godawful singing everyday. But, I do gotta admit. I miss how great of a friend he was." Zayn says and lights a cigarette, offering me one. I take the offer of course and he gives me his lighter. What he says about Louis pisses me off, but I push it off. I don't feel like getting into another fight with him. Maybe I can convince him to apologize to Louis.

"Why  don't you try and apologize to him?" I ask after letting out some smoke.

"Eh." He shrugs his shoulders and takes a hit from the cigarette. "I don't think he'd accept the apology." He says, exhaling the smoke.
"Hey, don't knock it till you try it." I say nudging his arm.
"I'll think about it. I gotta get going, here's my number. Text me some time." He hands me a piece of paper and walks off. 

-

It's been about 2 hours since I last spoke to Zayn, I'm still walking around town. Not sure on what to do. I want to beat up a homeless person, but oddly enough, I just don't feel like it. Weird. I know right?
But, what I do feel like doing is seeing Louis. Maybe surprise him by breaking into his room. 
Just the thought of sneaking into a house that isn't mine is enough to get my blood pumping. 
So, I make my way in the direction of Louis' house.
It takes me about an hourish to get to his house. Luckily his room is on the first floor. 
I peek through his window and I can see him twisting and turning in his bed. He's having a nightmare.
I push on his window and it luckily opens easily. I slip into his room and lay my shoes next to the wall, shutting the window softly behind me. I look over to Louis' bed and I can hear him talk in his sleep.

"No. No. Stop." He whimpers and starts to twist and turn again. I walk over to him, to get a better look. His caramel fringe is stuck to his forehead due to sweat and his breathing is heavy.
"H-harry." He whispers. I flinch back a little. Oh no. Is he awake? "M'sorry." His words are barely audible but I can still make out what he's saying. Sorry? Why is he sorry. He must be asleep still.
"Don't." He whimpers again, this time his eyes fly open and his breathing is heavy again. He's hyperventilating. He sits up, brings his knees to his chest and I see his shoulders are shaking, is he cry..? He still hasn't noticed I'm here yet. The urge to go over and hold him is strong. I want to fight it, but I know I can't.

I walk over to him and sit down on the bed. He let's out a small yelp and almost falls off the bed, I catch him before he can fall off though. He tries pushing me off.
"Shh, Lou. It's me." I say and pull him into my chest, patting his hair and rubbing his back to make him relax. "Shh, it's alright. I'm here." I whisper.
"H-harry..?" He whispers, confused. "Am I dreaming?" He asks.
"No, Lou. You're awake." I say into his hair. I feel him relax a little as he wraps his arms around my shoulders and buries his face into my neck, taking deep breaths. I continue to rub his back, but my hand rests on his soft hair.

"Wh-what happened? Why are you here? Are you okay?" Louis asks tightening his grip on me.
"I'm fine, I should be the one asking if you're okay. You just had a nightmare. I'm here... Because... I don't know. I couldn't sleep and I wanted to see you I guess." I chuckle lightly.
"Oh." Is all he says.

We sit there for a few more minutes holding each other. But, then I pull back to look at his tear stained face.
"Wanna talk about it?" I ask.
"I don't remember what it was." He's lying. I can easily tell when he's lying. He's terrible at it.
"Well, alright." I don't push, I get up off his bed. I don't want to leave, but I know I should. I just wanted to see him, and I did. So, I should get going now.
"Will you..." He says, his voice trailing off.
"What?" I ask, turning to face him.
"Stay." He says quietly. I nod in response. He gets off the bed, walks over to his dresser and hands me a pair of joggers. My joggers to be exact. I undress right there in front of him, quickly though. He's sitting under the covers waiting for me to join him. Once I do he puts his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him. I lay my head on his chest and cling to his shirt with my hand. 

"Night, Lou." I whisper into his chest.
"Goodnight, Hazza." He whispers back.