Chapter 10

(Harry's POV)

Louis and I had woken up at the same time, we cleaned up the living room and then sat back down on the couch. It was 9am and Louis doesn't need to go to work until noon. 

"So, did you hear about that person who robbed the gas station and killed the cashier?" Louis asks after clearing his throat and trying to start conversation so it's not awkwardly quiet anymore.
"Uh, yeah." I reply, not knowing what else to say about the subject. 
"I'm not going to judge the person, because we all have reasons for doing such things. It just frightens me. Y'know? Since I'm a cashier at a gas station. It could've been me." He says looking a little pale and scared.
"It never could've been you." I say. Sh it. Did I really just say that? I better come up with a good excuse so I don't accidentally blow my cover. Goddammit. 
"You don't know that, Harry." He says looking at me slightly confused. 
"Well, it wasn't you. So, don't worry about it too much." I say trying to comfort him.
"You're right, it wasn't me. But, it could've been."
"But, it wasn't." I say raising my voice a tad.
"Whatever." He says crossing his arms over his chest, and looks out the window opposite of me.
"Lou, I'm sorry I raised my voice. I just don't want you to worry about something that didn't involve you. The only thing that matters is that it WASN'T you." I say rubbing his thigh. Not in a sexual way, just in a comforting way.
"Okay.." He says slightly turning his head to smile at me. My hand still on his thigh but neither us seem to care. We sat there in silence, not awkward silence, a comfortable silence.

"Harry?" Louis asks, turning his body so he could face me better.
"Yeah?" I ask, looking into his sweet blue eyes.
"We're friends right?" 
"Course." I reply giving me a somewhat confused look. Why would he ask such a question?

"Good. Good..." He says, looking away again. What the hell?
"Why do you ask?" I say, still looking at him.
"No reason, Lad." He says, then gets up. Causing my hand to leave his thigh. "I should head home. Gotta get ready for work and what not. I'll see ya later, yeah?" He says while walking over to the door and puts on his shoes.
"Yeah." I say as I watch him leave to go back to his house. 

-

"So, Harry." My mum says, giving me a weird look that I can't really figure out.
"What?" I say while picking at my sandwich.
"You and Louis, huh? Thought you said you didn't like him that way?" She says giving me a smirk. 
"I-I don't. What are you even talking about?" I say as I feel my face getting hot. What the hell? I haven't done anything around her that even gave away that I liked him.
"Well, when I got home last night. I walked into the living room to see you two asleep on the couch." She says still smirking. 

"So?" I say confused. We were just sleeping. How could that possibly mean there was something going on between us.
"Here, take a look at this." She says and hands me her phone. I look at it and it takes me a few minutes to process what the picture is. 

It's a picture of me and Louis, cuddling. Louis is laying between me and the back of the couch, with his arms warped around my waist. While I'm laying with my back facing the edge of the couch and my face nuzzled up against his chest, while my hands grip onto his T-shirt.  Our legs intertwined with each others. 

What the hell? Did this really happen? No it couldn't have. When we woke up, I was laying on the floor and Louis was on the couch. I guess if it did happen, I must have fallen onto the floor.

"So, care to explain yourself?" Mum asks snatching the phone away, noticing my red hot face and starts giggling. 
"There's nothing going on!" I say, noticing my voice go a little high pitched. I clear my throat and say, "I swear, that just must have happened when we were sleeping, because I woke up on the floor."
"Alright, alright. You guys really are cute though." She says giving me a wink and going into the living room to watch the telly. 

"Ugh." I groaned as I continued to eat my sandwich.