Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."

Dalai Lama XIV

Today is the day of the trial and I am screaming. I have my own lawyer also. The dean told me that his brother whom is a lawyer, will take my case. His brother Tom told me that this basically isn't a trial. He said that he is going to be sent to prison but I need to testify. Which is what I am scared about.

Damian came with me and so did Austin, Austin's parents and Rayna. Plus Austin's boyfriend.... Declan. I know what you are thinking. That was fast. But not as fast as me and Damian. Well we haven't made it official. I guess we are just waiting after the trial or something. I am not quite sure.

I got out of the SUV and turned to Damian. He smiled and took my hand. Rayna took my other hand. We started walking with everyone else traveling behind us into the courthouse.

I opened the door and I seen something I never thought I would see....

My parents.

I let go of Damian and Rayna and walked over to my parents.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked aggressively. My mom had tears in her eyes and she hugged me so tight that I started crying. I never felt her love before. I hugged her back and cried into her neck.

"I am so sorry baby. I am sorry for abandoning you. We are sorry." Mom cried out. I looked up at my dad and he looked at me with tears in his eyes. He hugged the both of us and I couldn't breathe.

"It's ok. I just need to get this over with." I told them and they let go. They nodded and I smiled over to Damian and Rayna. They smiled back and walked over.

"Mom, dad, this is Rayna. And this is Damian my....." I was saying when Damian interrupted.

"His boyfriend." Damian said. They looked at Damian and smiled. I looked up at him and took his hand in mine. He is the best....

My mom leaned down and whispered, "You caught a good one." I laughed and pushed her away playfully.

I can't believe my parents are here. I thought they abandoned me. But I guess I was wrong. Well they did and my parents apologized for it. So I am perfectly fine with that. I am just so happy that everyone that I love is here.

***

"We find the offendent.... Guilty" The judge says and then says court is adjourned. I cried of happiness and hugged Austin, Declan, Damian, and Rayna. They hugged back and cheer in joy.

This may be the best day of my life.

~

"What do you mean you are taking me home?" I shouted at my parents. They sighed and looked at each other.

"You can't stay in this school. Not after what happened Eric." Dad told me.

"NO!" I shouted and they flinched. I looked at the ground and added, "I made wonderful friends and the best boyfriend. You are not going to ruin that for me." Tears started to fall down my face.

We were standing in front of the courthouse, waiting for my parent's limo to arrive. I can't believe they are telling me this. I am not going to have it!

"Eric." Dad started to say but I cut him off.

"Dad don't. I am not going anywhere. I love it here. I am staying and that is final." I said and turned around seeing everyone waiting patiently for me by the SUV.

I sighed and turned back to my parents. My mom had tears in her eyes and she was ready to burst out in tears.

"I can't let no one hurt my baby like that anymore." She told me, as she pushed back her tears. At least I know where I get that from.

I wrapped my arms around her and said, "No one is going to hurt me mom. I have friends and a boyfriend who care deeply that will protect me through anything. You have nothing to worry about." I kissed her forehead and she hugged me back tighter as she silently sobbed into my chest.

"Just promise me that you will come back home to me this summer." She sobbed

"You know I will mom." I responded. She squeezed onto me tighter and the limo came up to us. Mom pulled away and kissed my forehead.

Mom and dad turned to look at Damian and gestured him over here. He walked over to us and I could tell he was nervous.

"Damian, make sure you take care of my boy and get him home in one piece this summer." Dad told him.

"Of course Mr. Coverstone. Anything for Eric." Damian said as he shook my dad's hand. My mom hugged Damian and I felt my heart melt away. This was the best thing ever. My parents getting along with my... Boyfriend. God that sounds so good. My parents always hated my boyfriends. I am glad they like this one.

My parents said their goodbyes and left. I turned to Damian and crashed my lips onto his. He wrapped his arms around mine and squeezed me tight.

"I love you so much, Eric." He told me.

"I love you way more, Damian." I told him back.