Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple."

Oscar Wilde

Austin pulled me through his dad's office, with Declan traveling behind me. They are both furious. I honestly don't want to do this. I am getting more nervous by the second.

Austin stormed through his dad's office so loud, his dad jumped out of his desk chair. He looked at us suspiciously.

"Dad..... Eric has something to show and tell you." He said and my mind went off to preschool when we used to do show and tell. That was the highlight of my week. I always looked forward to that day.

"Eric." All three of them said, snapping me out of my gaze.

I shook my head and said, "What?"

"What is it that you want to show me?" The dean asked. I bit my bottom lip and hesitated to lift my shirt. I just looked at the ground and tears started to fall. I tried to push them back, but they just started coming like a waterfall.

"Hey... Look at me." Austin said, grabbing my chin whit his thumb so I can look at him. My eyes met his and he smiled. He wiped my tears away.

"You can do this. We will be here for you." Austin said. I sighed and nodded.

I stood up and lifted my shirt. The dean gasped. I pushed my tears back and bit my bottom lip. I turned around so he could see the rest. Declan was now looking at me. I took a gulp. He closed his eyes and shook his head. You can see that he is pist like Austin and Damian is.

"Who did this to you?" The dean asked.

I was silent for a few minutes. I sat down in the chair and told him everything about what happened. From the key, to late practices, to threatening me and then the rape.

I heard the dean smack the desk and grab his phone. I looked up and heard him dial the police. I turned to Austin and he wrapped his arms around me. Declan did the same on my other side.

***

"I DIDN'T TOUCH HIM! HE IS A CRAZY KID!" The coach shouted as he was being dragged away. Everyone was watching. Tears fell down my face and I turned so no one can see me. I cried into Austin's chest. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "It's going to be okay baby. I won't let no one hurt you anymore."

But that is the problem, Damian...... I... Kissed him and he kissed me. I feel so guilty for doing that to Austin. I never meant to do that. I feel so bad and I just need to hide it so it can go away.

"Eric!" I heard Rayna call for me. I turned around and she wrapped her arms around me. I cried into her neck.

"I can't believe that bastard! I am so sorry. I knew something was up and I didn't do anything. I am so, so sorry Eric." She cried also.

"It's ok. Don't be sorry. I just didn't want to tell anyone." I said. She nodded and kissed my cheek.

"Can we talk to you?" A female's voice spoke. I turned around and it was a detective. I nodded and walked with her.

The crowd watched me and I ducked my head down and followed the detective. She sat me down on a picnic table and a other detective came up.

"Can you tell me everything that happened?" She asked.

"From the beginning?" I asked back. They both nodded.

I gulped and nod nervously.

I told both of them the whole story that I told the dean.

"Oh wow." She said and her eyes widen.

"Do you mind us seeing the bruises?" The guy detective asked. I nod and looked to see if anyone was looking. No one was.

I stood up and lifted my shirt.

"Why didn't you go to the hospital? Your ribs could still be broken." The lady pointed out.

I shrugged and said, "Because he told me that he would kill Austin and then me."

They both nodded and wrote in their little note pad.

"Is there more bruises then these?" She asked.

I nodded and said, "There are some around my waist. Hand prints. But they are barely there now."

They nodded and slid down my pants just a hair so they can see. They took measurements of the hands.

They got up and shook my hand.

"If we have any more questions, will you be able to go in for more questioning?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well I will call for your court date. There may be a trial. But with the enough evidence we have that he did this, it will only be one court date." She told me. I nodded and walked off.

I can't believe this is happening. I need to tell my parents. But if I do, they will take me out of this boarding school and take me away from Austin, Damian, and all my friends. I don't want that. I need to hide this from them. Long as possible.

There is this saying, 'The past catches up with you.' Or 'The truth catches up with you.' Well, I am the person who believes that. Soon Austin will know that Damian and I kissed. Soon my parents will know what happened to me. It's just a matter of time when that will be. When the time comes, I don't want to be around. It's going to be a warzone. A warzone that I created.