Chapter Nineteen

Authors Message: If you were wondering why I am updating so many chapters rn, it's because i wrote ahead and their is only a couple more chapters left so I am posting them! So you should be happy about that! (: not the only couple chapters left, but where I am posting the rest of the chapters.... HEHEHEHE

Chapter Nineteen

"You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love."

Richelle Mead

I had to tell Austin. That is one thing that I promised Damian. He already broke up with Emma. I promised him I would break things off with Austin. Today is the day that I end it.

Some part of me is depressed because I love Austin. I really do. But the thing is, is that I loved Damian since the first day I came here. When he looked me into the eyes and told me his name. The night when he sat next to me and I felt electricity shoot through my body. I loved him since the first time I saw him throwing a football at practice.

I knew he was the one by just looking at him from afar. The way he stood there and his eyes met mine. I fell right in and that is the last I saw myself.

I knocked on Austin's door and waited until he came to the door. He smiled and placed his lips onto mine. I kissed him back then pushed away.

"We need to talk." I tell him. He froze and sighed. He let me in and we sat down on his couch. I think he knows what's going to happen.

"You're breaking up with me?" He asked. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"I knew you were. Emma told me that you was always in love with Damian. I can't stop you from being happy. If you are happy, then I'm happy. I rather have you as a best friend if I can't have you as a boyfriend. You are too important in my life and I don't want to lose you." He told me and grabbed my hand. I was happy he said that but the Emma part.... I am going to kill that bitch. And that is for real.

"I'm sorry I never told you. I just thought I could get over him but I can't." I said. He nodded and said, "I understand completely. So can we be best friends then?" He asked.

I smiled and hugged him. "You know you will be. You and your family mean the world to me. You took me in when I had no one. And I love you guys for that." I said and kissed his cheek.

"I kind of dated you too to get my mind off someone." He told me.

I looked at him suspiciously. "Who?" I asked.

"Declan." He said and looked at the ground. I slapped his arm playfully.

"He is not gay is he?!" I asked.

"He kissed me last night." He told me.

"Really?!" I shouted. He nodded and laughed awkwardly.

"I guess everyone wants a taste of us." I laughed with him.

We continued to talk for hours and hours.

***

I walked through the crowd, trying to find Emma. After looking, what seems like hours, I found her laughing and looking at her nails with her friends at a picnic table.

I walked over to her and slapped my hand down on the table. She jumped and looked at me in fright.

"What the hell?!" She shouted at me.

"Why did you tell Austin?" I asked aggressively.

She chuckled and said, "Because you ruin my relationship, I ruin yours." She flipped her blonde hair to the side.

"Well you didn't ruin it because he wants to be best friends. We just got done talking for hours. So looks like you failed nasty bitch." I spat at her. Her friends gasped. She turned her head at me and clinched her teeth together.

"How dare you call me that?!" She shouted. I looked at the table and spotted a milkshake. I grabbed it and pored it all over her head.

She screamed and everyone looked over at us. They pulled their phones out and started recording.

"I told you if you mess with me, you will regret it Emma. You are nothing without your little posy. Fuck with me again and you'll regret it." I shouted at her and stormed off. I felt someone's hand grab at my shoulder and I turned around to see who it was.

Rayna.

"You just ruined her." Rayna chuckled. I chuckled as well.

"She needs to learn to not mess with me." I pointed out as we walked hand in hand towards my dorm.

That was the best feeling ever. Emma is so going to be getting her hair done all over again.