Chapter 7

Authors Message: Picture above is Crystal Reed playing as Maddie

Chapter Seven

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

― Dr. Seuss

I cried all night for the past two weeks. I have been so depressed. I never thought I would get so attached to someone. Someone who I thought I would only date to get over Damian. Who know I could fall for someone so easily. It hurt so much when I said 'You lost me when you chose drugs over me.' But it was the truth. The word 'I am in love with you' keep playing in my head over and over again. See, the thing is that I never loved someone. Except when I was with this guy freshmen year of high school. I was the summer before sophomore year. I fell in love with him. Then he said he didn't want to be with me anymore because he met someone new. Someone who was one of my close friends at the time. I guess I was just a piece of meat to him. That he used over and over again. That was the last time I fell in love. I told myself that it was bad to fall in love. But I think I was in love with Damian..... That is why I dated Austin. Every time I touched Damian, electricity shot through my body. I didn't feel that with Austin but I think I was in love with him.

My mind was traveling at a thousand miles. I am not even paying attention to what my friends are saying right now. We are at lunch and sitting in the courtyard at one of the tables. Which consist of, Me, Rayna, Damian, Declan, and Maddie. Sierra and Abby sat with someone else today. I don't really like them that much. They are cool to hang with but they can get a little annoying if you know what I mean.

I felt a hand touch my arm and I looked over to see Rayna looking at me. "You ok? You haven't touched your Pizza." She asked and pointed out my pizza. I shrugged and looked back at my tray.

"Come on." She said and grabbed my bag. She pulled me out of the table and down the side walk. What is this girl doing?! I screamed in my head.

We stopped by a tree and she told me to sit. I sighed and sat down. This can't be good. She sat across from me, crisscross applesauce style. She put her hands in mine. I looked up at her into her eyes.

"Spill." She demanded. I nodded and looked down at our hands.

"I think I was in love with him." I said nervously.

"Who?" She asked. Is this girl some kind of psychic or something?

I shrugged. "I think I was in love with Damian. And so I dated Austin to get over him. I never thought I would fall in love with Austin. And it just hurts that I let him go." I said while pushing back my tears.

She nodded and squeezed my hands so I would look at her. "I knew you had something for Damian. I just never thought that. But I see that Austin was hurt also. You should have seen him. He has been a walking zombie ever since you told him that."

"Really?" I asked. A part of me felt relief that he was hurting like I was. But another part of me just got hurt even more.

She nods and says, "I hate seeing both of you like this to be honest. Go get him back. If you're happy with him then I guess I can get over what he did to you." She got up and held out her hand so I can take it.

Maybe she is right. Maybe I was happy with him. I felt happy and safe with him. I felt myself. I guess love has its ways to bring people together. It's going to be hard to get over Damian considering I see him every day and every night. But I can do it.

Even if it's hard, it should be easy to me. There is no struggle that I let won for the past four years. This is my time to be happy and that is what I am going to be saying to myself. If I am meant to be with Austin, and if I am meant to be with someone who treats me like the king. Then so be it. Every couple haves their bad times. Mine was Austin about killed me. But if you think about it, I was nervous. And I have to admit, I did have a hell of a time. Sometimes you have to let the bad moments slide by you in order for good moments to happen.

I grabbed her hand and she lifted me up. I gave her the biggest hug ever.

"You are a true best friend." I said and kissed her forehead. She chuckled.

"I know." She chuckled some more. I rolled my eyes and laughed as well. I told her I would see her later and went to go find Austin.