Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"I'm living under water. Everything seems slow and far away. I know there's a world up there, a sunlit quick world where time runs like dry sand through an hourglass, but down here, where I am, air and sound and time and feeling are thick and dense."

― Audrey Niffenegger

It's been a month since Christmas and everything just seems too good to be true. I am the happiest I have ever been. And that may sound cheesy, but I am. I am so happy with Austin.

Right now I am in the courtyard with Raina, Damian, Declan, Maddie, and Austin. They learned to like each other. But I know they still hate Austin. I mean yeah he done something bad, but no one is perfect. He made up for that mistake. If he didn't make up for it, I will beat him with a bean bag. Ok not a bean bag but you get my point.

Austin put an almond inside my mouth and chuckled. He always feeds me. Like I know how to use my hands bro.

"So what is up with Sierra? I haven't seen her around." I asked. They turned to me and Shrugged.

"You didn't hear?" Austin asked. I looked at them in confusion.

"Sierra got busted for weed and crack. So they sent her to military camp." Declan informed.

My eyes widen and said, "Why military camp? That is brutal." They all nodded.

"Well her parents said this may be the only way. She can't call people on the outside world. So they think that is the best thing for her until she learns to stop." Maddie explained. I nodded. Well now it makes since of course.

"I am going to do some practicing at the pool. I will see you guys later." I said and got up. I leaned down and placed my lips on Austin's.

"I will talk to you later." I winked at him. He pulled me back down and I chuckled.

"I love you." Austin said.

I smiled and said, "Love you too babe." I heard awes and I rolled my eyes.

"I love you guys too." I winked at them and walked off.

***

I heard something coming from the back, towards the office. It's about ten o'clock and no one is in here. The coach left about an hour ago. He was helping me practice some. To be honest, he doesn't creep me out anymore. I don't know why I was ever creeped out by him. I guess I just got the creeps at first. I just had this feeling about him that something was.... Off....

I shook my head and continued to swim laps. I swam to the other side and flipped. I swam back to where I started. Then I heard something again.

"Hello?" I shouted. Nothing. This place is old. It's probably the air vents or something.

I continued to swim and thank about how happy I am with Austin. He literally is the best guy anyone could ask for. I admit, at first, he was the devil. But I turned him into an angel...... My angel.

People are starting to like Austin a little. I mean he did set a bad example of himself by what he used to do. I don't know if he still has the drugs though. I never asked him. I might need to ask him that but I don't want to make him mad. I am sure that he doesn't have any. I bet he tossed them in the trash after our little incident. But he may understand why I am asking if I asked.

I did one last lap across the pool and got out. I sat on the diving board, looking at my reflection in the pool. My hair was almost reaching my eyes. And it was all messy. I actually look like a little kid. I laughed inside my head and got up.

I walked back into the locker room to the showers. I stripped down and went to take a shower. I should take showers here at night. At least it is quiet and everything.

I started washing my hair when I feel arms wrap around me. I jumped and turned to see the coach standing there.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted and covered myself up.

He pinned me against the wall and whispered into my ear, "I wanted you for so long Eric." Bryan nibbled on my ear. All that was going through my mind is that I was right about him.