Chapter 6

Authors Message: Picture above is Greg Sulkin playing as Declan!

Chapter Six

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

― William Shakespeare

I heard beeping and my eyes opened slowly. I looked around and seen that I was in a hospital room. I seen Declan, Damian, Rayna and Maddie sleeping on the chair and couch. Why am I in the hospital? And why do I have such a killer headache?

"Guys?" I said, trying to wake one of them up. My mouth has this weird taste.

"Guys!" I said again, a little louder than usual. They jumped up and looked at each other. I chuckled on how stupid they looked. Rayna got up and ran over to me.

"Oh thank god you are okay!" She shouted. Maddie walked out of the room to get a doctor.

"What happened? And why am I in here?" I asked. They all looked at each other and looked back at me.

"Do you remember anything dude?" Declan asked. I looked at them in a blank stare.

"I take that as a no." Damian told Declan. I raised an eyebrow at them in confusion.

The doctor came in rushing to my side.

"Hi, my name is Doctor Phillips." She smiled at me. I forced a smile back.

"Are you going to explain to me what happened?" I asked the doctor. She looked at the ground and looked back up at me.

"You had a lot of Ketamine in your system. It was a wonder that you didn't die. I know that someone had to spike your drink. A lot of cases that come in here, their drinks were spiked. Now do you remember who gave you a drink?" She asked me.

The first thing that came to mind was I remember going to the party with Austin and he went to go get us drinks. But he couldn't have done that. I thought I changed him for the good. I looked over at Rayna, Declan, Damian and Maddie. Then looked back at the doctor.

"No. I don't remember." I said. I know they are disappointed in my answer. But if it was Austin. I have a better plan in mind. He was going to do this to me, I am going to play even harder then he played me. Like people say, sweet revenge is always the best revenge.

***

Damian took me back to my dorm after the doctor released me. I told them to not call my parents because they wouldn't even care in the first place. Rayna got mad at me then left and so did Maddie. I told Declan he could leave to and that I was going to be ok.

We got back to our dorm and Damian slammed the door. I know he is mad. But dang, that was loud. I turned around to look at him.

I looked into his eyes and I could see he was beyond pist. "Why didn't you tell that doctor the truth? We would have but we knew you would be pist if we did." Damian shouted.

I flinched in fear. Who knew he could be this angry. I gulped and walked over to him. "Because what would they have done? His father is the dean for crying out loud. I have a plan in mind and I am going to need your help. Including Rayna, Declan and Maddie." I responded. He rolled his eyes.

"They could have put him behind bars. He has done this to a lot of people. We all warned you to not get involved with him. We about lost you!" He shouted. Tears started to fill my eyes.

"I'm sorry!" I shouted. He just grunted and walked out of our dorm, slamming the door behind him. Tears began to fall down my face. I never thought he would care about me this much. And it just hurts to see him so mad at me. I walked over to my bed and cried into my pillow. Now everyone that I am close with is mad at me. ME!

You know what, I am going to stop crying and go out there to find Austin. I am not this person. I am not emotional. I do not show my emotions. I don't know why I showed them with Damian. I never do that. I don't know what has gotten into me. I got up and walked out of my dorm to find Austin.

I found him talking to some friends in the courtyard. The courtyard was full of people laughing and talking away. Then there was me that looked like death and a walking zombie. I walked right over to him. I turned him around and my fist landed right into his. I heard people gasp.

"What the hell?!" he shouted as he fell back onto the grass, holding his face. I leaned down to look at him.

"If you ever talk to me again I will fucking kill you! You about killed me for spiking my drink. Wouldn't think I knew it was you, huh? I am smarter then I look. You better watch your back because I will be coming for you." I spat at him and turned around walking out of the courtyard. People had their phones out recording the whole thing. I seen Rayna and Declan smiling at me. I winked at them and walked back to my dorm.

***

I walked into my dorm to see Damian sitting on the couch, watching TV. He turned and looked at me then looked away.

"Look I know you are pist at me, but I dealt with Austin. If you think I am lying, go ask the whole courtyard out there." I said and walked over to my closet. I stripped out of my clothes and wrapped a towel around my waist.

"I am going to take a shower." I said and walked out of the room. I was smiling the whole time walking towards the bathroom. That so felt good to punch someone. But my hand hurts like a mother fucker!

I walked out of the shower to see Austin leaning against the wall. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I wrapped the towel around my waist.

"What do you want Austin?" I asked, walking over to the sink. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. I looked at his hand and looked up at his face. He had a black eye. I was laughing hysterically on the inside.

"I only spiked your drink because you was nervous. I wanted you to have a hell of a time. You needed it." He told me. I rolled my eyes and pushed his hand away.

"I thought you changed. I only agreed to date you because I actually liked you and I thought you were different from all those rumors those people told me. But I guess I was wrong." I said and brushed my hair out.

"I have changed! I only did for you. I am in love with you for crying out loud!" He shouted. I froze. Did he just say love?

I turned around and looked him into the eyes. He had tears falling down his face. "You about killed me Austin. I about died!" I shouted and tears was falling from my face. The bathroom door opened and we both shouted out.

He turned to me and grabbed my hand. "I regret it. I do. I never wanted to hurt you. I just thought since you were nervous, it would help you have a good time. I don't want to lose you Eric. Never." He said. I looked up at him. He was sobbing silently.

"You lost me when you chose drugs over me." I said and pushed him away. I walked out of the bathroom and back to my dorm. Why does life have to be so hard?