"More intimidating than you?"

Elsie laughs, "you think I'm intimidating?"

"Not in a mean way, I just... Even when I met you back when you were Zayn's doll. I don't know, I've always found you..."

"Frightening?" Elsie finishes my sentence.

"Along those lines... I'm in no way scared of you, though." I cross my arms.

Elsie stands up and walks a few steps over to me. She smells of vanilla and smoke. A strange combination, but it's much like Elsie and I right now. Of course, I'm the vanilla and she's the smoke.

"You sure you're not scared of me?" Elsie asks.

"Positive." I stand up, now I'm taller than Elsie as my high heels battle her dirty converses.

"I'm a bit scared of you, I'll be honest." Elsie says.

As soon as the words leave Elsie's mouth, laughter erupts within me. Me? Scary? Now, those are two words usually not associated together when it comes to me.

"You're very good at keeping your calm. I find that scary. You've literally seen your best friends die right before your eyes, you've been pretty much in doubt of everything since you came into this whole Dollhouse mess. You're very collected. I'm scared of it." Elsie says, not once making eye contact with me.

It surprises me how I come off to people. I am the least calmest person I know.

"I'm very collected until I'm left alone. When I'm alone, the psychopath comes out of me."

"So... Being alone is, like, your happy place?" Elsie asks me.

"You consider being a psychopath 'happy'?" I ask, stepping back a few small steps.

"Well, I'm living a pretty happy life. You look like you are, too." Elsie says, stopping closer to me.

Sometimes, I don't know what Elsie means. She always twists words. I don't know whether it's to make people feel intimidated by her or not, but she's definitely hard to read.

"I'm not a psychopath. I was just using a figure of speech." I say.

"I wouldn't tell lies now, Doll." Elsie whispers, cupping my face. I smack her hands away. I don't need this intimidation. Why is she suddenly acting so weird?

"Get away from me. I'm not a stupid doll anymore." I almost yell. Why should I put up with this?

I hate it when anyone addresses me as 'doll'. I can't fucking stand it. I won't take it from Harry anymore, and I most certainly won't take it from Elsie. No matter how intimidated I feel by her. If I had the guts, I would slap her right now. I could, our bodies are so close. But God knows what she can do; she's a secret psychopath. You can see it in her deceiving eyes.

"Oh, Doll. If you weren't a 'stupid doll' anymore you wouldn't be here begging me for answers to your paranoia. You would run away."

"I have run away! I'm not in The Dollhouse anymore!"

Now I'm getting angry, and this time, I don't think it's the fact that I'm hot-headed. It's the fact that I've had enough of people taking my simple requests and turning them into confronting, psychotic situations. Everything I do can never be enough.

Elsie shakes her head. "Oh my God, Holly! You didn't run away, I fucking ran away!"

"You don't know me, Elsie. To leave The Dollhouse was Harry and I's-"

Elsie covers my mouth with her hand, shutting me up. I can't believe the level of immaturity this girl holds. Why won't she just let me goddamn speak.