Chapter 17

(Edited 8-10-18)

*DYLANS POV*

After they drive away with Maia, an ambulance comes for Wes and he's taken to the hospital. Lola and Jill leave to follow the ambulance.

I'm sitting on the curb in shock at what just happened when Annabeth sits next to me.

"She could've killed Wes, you understand what we did-"

"Do you understand what you just did?" I scoff, getting to my feet.

"We saved your ass that's what!" Annabeth retorts.

"No! You didn't!" I scoff. "You have no idea what you just did." I wipe my face with my hands, frustratedly.

I didn't want everyone to find out this way, but now I have no choice. Not only is Maia's life at stake, but so is mine.

"She's obviously crazy, and almost killed Wes. I don't understand what we missed." Quin shakes his head in disbelief.

Flinn eyes go wide and he looks at me in realization.

"If they hurt her in any way, you get hurt too, don't you?" He asks.

I nod my head and realization sweeps over everyones faces.

"You're shitting me!" Annabeth shouts.

"You guys mated." Quin kicks the curb hard and curses.

"What have we done?" Flinn whispers.

"Why don't you guys trust me? There are no secrets between mates. If she was a danger to anyone in any way, I would have turned her in myself." I say angrily.

"We have to go save her." Quin says, staring at the asphalt.

"How?" Flinn asks.

"I know a few people who would know where to start." I interject.

We're coming for you Maia.

***

*MAIAS POV*

My eyes flutter open, and I groan. The pain has subsided because my rib has healed somewhat, but it's still sore.

"Look who's awake?" I hear a familiar voice and snap my head up.

It's Carol.

"You again?" I mumble.

"Yes, and this time, you won't be escaping." She leans down to my level and smirks.

"Just run your stupid tests, then kill me." I snap.

"Because of your enthusiasm, we'll take it slower than usual." She stands and walks out of the room I'm in.

I finally get a look at where I am, and realize I'm in a basement. Probably far into the woods. The basement is unfinished, and has a dirt floor. I can smell the trees and the grass outside.

I know I haven't been out long because of the pain I still feel. It takes me a relatively shorter period of time to heal than other wolves.

"Dylan...can you hear me?"

"Dylan! Please..." I begin to cry.

"Maia! Oh my gosh I've been trying to reach you for forever!" At Dylans voice I perk up.

"Dylan! Do you know where I am? Because I don't." I say.

"No. I don't, but we're gonna go see your aunt and uncle. They may know how to find you."