Chapter 15

(Edited 8-10-18)

*MAIAS POV*

Emotions are complicated. They consume you, and you can't make them disappear. From my father dying, to the kidnapping, and to finding out my closest family was indeed not my family, the only emotions I felt were sadness, confusion, and anger.

Dylan and I had left the house, after I had explained to May and Jeff that we were mates now. We were walking through the woods in silence while I thought about everything that had transpired in the last week. His hand was in mine and his eyes would occasionally glance over to mine to make sure I was okay. I knew he felt what I was feeling, because I could feel his emotions too. He was sad, angry and confused just like me. But his reasons must be different from mine. He's kept out of my head, and I love him for giving me privacy.

I'm tired of being sad.

"I'm sorry your feeling this way. I know it hurts. I wish I could take it all away." Dylan thinks.

"Your doing a lot by just being here." I smile at him.

We hear a rustle in the trees and stop in our tracks.

"What was that?"

"I don't know..." He tightens his hold on my wrist and we begin walking again.

A twig snaps really close to our position and I focus in on the direction it came from. I try and sense who it is, but I'm getting nothing so far.

"You know your eyes turn blue when you do that." Dylan warns.

"Crap."

It's true. I've probably exposed myself, but if it's Amity I need to be prepared.

In the blink of an eye, a figure pops out of the bushes and tackles Dylan. I pull the man off of him in an instant, and throw him against a near by tree. I finally see who it is and realize it's Wes.

"What the hell!? Maia...how did you do-"

He sees my eyes and freezes. I quickly turn away and close them.

"Dylan! Did you see that? Her eyes...they were blue!" He points a finger in my direction and I open my eyes knowing their back to normal.

"What are you talking about?" I laugh.

"And why are you even here?" Dylan questions.

"I came to find you! And then I saw that..." He points at me.

I roll my eyes while Dylan replies.

"Well? What do you need?" He snaps.

"Quin, Flinn, come out of the bushes!" Wes shouts to his left.

I see them emerge from the shrubs with startled faces.

"I see you brought the whole gang." Dylan rolls his eyes.

"Yeah. I didn't know that your girlfriend is a freak!" Flinn shouts.

"Okay man. Calm down." Dylan says.

"Did you guys see what just happened?" Wes asks.

"Yeah. How did you do that Maia? You like moved him with your mind." Quin is calm and collected which bothers me.

His face turns smug and I can tell that he knows what I am.

"I pulled him off. That simple. I don't know what you guys are getting at." I shrug.

"Uh huh." Wes mumbles.

Quin and Wes have knowing looks on their faces, while Flinn is looking as clueless as ever.