Chapter 3

(Edited 6-21-18)

(peep Dylans wolf above^^)

*DYLANS POV*

I wake up at 8 the next morning with Maia on my mind. She was close last night, and she was awake. I could feel her presence. She might have been watching me. I head down to the kitchen and grab some breakfast, but can't even eat because my mind is somewhere else.

"Hey sweetie!" My mom walks into the kitchen with a smile.

"Hey mom" I say with a big bite a bagel still in my mouth.

"Hurry up now. You have work and so do I. Oh and don't forget, tomorrow night is the full moon and the pack is having a little get together." She tells me with a big smile.

I inwardly groan at the thought of work but get a little excited at the thought of the party. Maia could be there. 

I work at this little shop in town. It's a shop/restaurant mix, and we're known for our burgers and milkshakes. It's also known as the teen hangout in our town. My fondest memories are there, surrounded by friends after football games or runs. I'm a cashier by day and a wolf by night.

I finish breakfast and head back up to my room to change. I grab my favorite leather jacket and head downstairs. My mother is waiting in the car by the time I get outside. I look over to the lake in the direction of Maia's aunt and uncle's house and wonder what she's doing right now.

*MAIAS POV*

Uncle Jeff wakes me up at 8 telling me I have a job in town.

"What? A job?" I frown, rubbing my eyes.

"You're a teenager and if I let you stay home all day, you would. So, I got you a job." He smiles and leaves promptly.

I groggily get up and take a shower. The hot water feels good on my tight muscles. I hadn't slept well because of the nightmare I had. I change into my light wash skinny jeans and leaving my hair down. I head down stairs and grab an orange on the way out.

"Don't forget this!" I looked to see my Aunt May throwing me my black leather jacket.

"Thanks May." I smile and walk down the porch to Jeff waiting in the car.

***

We arrive at the little shop/restaurant in town and Jeff directs me inside. The sign above the door says Quickmart and the diner next door has a sign that reads Lily's.

"Paul!" Jeff greets the man with a hug and points to me.

"This is my niece Maia. She's here to work! Maia this is Paul" 

"Hi." I smile at Paul as we shake hands.

"Well hello Maia! How are you liking Thorne Bay so far?" Paul is also a werewolf. I can tell from his scent. He's well built with short blonde hair. Probably in his forties.

"Great so far. A lot colder than Arizona though." I chuckle.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a figure walk towards us.

"That's great. Oh! Maia meet Dylan! You guys will be coworkers" He smiles pointing at Dylan.

Ugh

"Yeah we met yesterday!" Dylan says looking at me and smiling. His smile then turns into a smirk when Jeff and Paul look away and continue with their own conversation.

"Dylan show Maia around the shop. Show her the ropes." He smiles and turns back to Jeff who is giving me 'the look' which means be careful.

"Alright. Well..." We both begin walking in the opposite direction of Jeff and Paul.