Chapter 7

(Edited 6-22-18)

*DYLANS POV*

I wake up to a tapping on my balcony door, and find Maia standing outside. It's raining and I can see she's soaked from head to toe.

"Maia! What the hell are you doing? You could get sick." I whisper yell.

"I'm fine." She pushes past me into my room and takes off her jacket.

Her hair is different than it normally is, in two braids rather than down. She's wearing pajama shorts and a t-shirt. She must be freezing.

"What are you-" She puts a finger up to my lips to silent me.

She was so close, and I can feel her hot breath.

"Thoughts, remember?"

"Oh yeah..."

She smiles and presses her lips to mine. That electrifying feeling courses through my body and I wonder if she feels it too. All my thoughts and doubts about her completely disappear and I immediately kiss her back. How long have we known each other? Not long, and I had already grown to like this girl so much. Her strength is evident as she pushes me against my desk and wraps her arms around my neck. Her hands run through my hair as our lips move in a steady rhythm. My hands travel to her hips and I pull her closer to me. I suddenly realize what we're doing and push her away gently.

"Woah, slow down. What are you doing?" I shake off the haze I'm in and she lets out a ragged breath.

"I don't know." She slumps on my bed and I sit next to her.

"Maia..." I rub the back of my neck, "this isn't you."

She straightens, as if finally realizing she's in my room and heads back to the window.

"Maia, wait." I grab her arm.

"I'm sorry, I should go. I've already made a fool of myself." She reaches for the window but I stop her.

*MAIAS POV*

"Why did you come over?" He asks.

I look away and the first thing that pops into my head is my father.

"I...couldn't sleep." I reply and he pulls me to him.

"Okay." He replies simply.

"Do you have any sweats?"

"Mhmm." He hums and pulls away.

He grabs a pair of grey sweats from his dresser and hands them to me. I smile and motion for him to turn around. He obeys, but rolls his eyes in the process. I drop my shorts to the ground, taking my time.

"If you don't hurry, I will turn around." He chuckles.

"Don't yo-" I turn to see if he had and I see his eyes on my bottom.

"Dylan!" I whisper harshly, our thought talk forgotten.

"Sorry," He laughs, "can't help it." He smirks.

I slip the sweats on and pull the ties so they fit comfortably. Never once did he look away. I smile and head back to the bed. I lay on my back and he lays down next to me.

"Your not a bad kisser by the way." He adds nonchalantly.

I scoff. "Not a bad kisser?"

He laughs. "Yeah, but I could give you some pointers."