Chapter 1

(Edited 6-20-18)

January 4th, 2015

*MAIAS POV*

Thorne Bay. Population 489. Cold almost all year round. I was a shorts and tank top wearing chick from Arizona. I honestly don't know how I was to survive 52 degree weather with 70-100% humidity. This will be interesting.

I quickly texted my mother that I had landed in Hollis and headed to baggage claim. Saying goodbye to my mother and father, and my sister Charlie was hard. Sending me to Alaska to live with my aunt and uncle was the best solution they could come up with.

The closest airport to Thorne Bay was Hollis but my aunt and uncle still had to drive a long while to pick me up.

I sat down at a bench and watched for my two matching black and maroon suitcases.

I thought about how I was going to keep my wolf a secret.

I can never run through the woods freely. I can never stretch my legs and feel the grass beneath my paws.

All because I was a White. Could they have picked a better nickname for the most terrifying beings on earth? I guess not. I am not and will never be free because I am a White. I'll be moving from state to state trying to escape Amity's grasp the rest of my life. Or at least what life I have left before I eventually do get caught. And I will forever be putting my family in danger.

All because I am a white.

I finally spot my luggage and go to pick them up. On the way, a guy a little under 6 foot runs right into me.

"Watch where your go-"

I looked up at him and my mouth slightly drops open. His chocolate brown eyes stared down at me. He was utterly gorgeous and I could smell the wolf on him. A werewolf. Great.

He smirked and ran a hand through his hair.

"Hello. You're new here aren't you? I haven't picked up your scent before so you must be."

I close my mouth and glare up at him and scoff at his condescending tone.

"Why yes I am, and if you'll excuse me"

I quickly push past him and he stumbles a little.

"Your a strong one" He chuckles and matches my pace.

I roll my eyes and reach my luggage. I grab the handle of the first bag and pull it off the carousel. He quickly grabs my other one and pulls it to my side.

"So what brings you to good ole Alaska?" Why was he still talking to me?

"Visiting family. Why do you ask?" I turn in his direction and raise my eyebrows.

"Just wondering." He put his hands up in front of him showing he meant no harm. He looks me up and down and smirks. He finishes is "look over" and ends back up at my eyes.

In my utter disgust at him looking me over, I get angry. I can hear my wolf crying inside to get out. I breath in deep but I know I lost control of my wolf a little there.

His eyes widen in surprise but he quickly composes himself. I scold myself and look away, blinking the blue in my eyes that had probably shown through.

I was about to tell him goodbye when I hear my Aunt May.

"Maia! You're finally here!"

"Maia, is it?" I see the boy smirk out of the corner of my eye. He looks at me with an intense curiosity.