Chapter 16

(Edited 8-10-18)

*DYLANS POV*

When I get to work at ten thirty in the morning, I search for Maia. I see her at the cash register and smile. I walk closer and realize that she has her head phones in, and is swaying back and forth. She looks so adorable and I can't help but chuckle. She has a magazine in her hands and is biting her lip, which makes me want to bite it for her. Just the little things drive me crazy.

When she turns away from the register, I take my opportunity and sneak up behind her. Just as I'm about to tickle her sides someone speaks.

"Your late..." I hear Pauls voice behind me.

I turn and smile sheepishly.

"Sorry Paul...I got caught up." I lie.

"Uh huh. Get to work." He commands and walks away.

When I turn around, Maia has an angry look playing on her face.

"Oh come on. I'm not that late." I laugh.

"I had to open, and restock half the shelves! By myself!" She raises her voice.

"Maia. I'm sorry." I wrap my arms around her waist, but she doesn't return my hug.

I return to my original idea, and begin to tickle her sides. She begins to laugh and double over trying to get away from my grip but I keep my grasp firm.

"Dylan...Stop...Stop!" She shrieks. She is struggling for breath and I continue.

"You know you can't stay mad at me." I chuckle.

"Okay! Okay! Stop!" I stop tickling her, and she turns to me.

There is a twinkle in her eye, and I lean in to kiss her. She puts her hands up to my face and leans into me. The kiss is like every other. Amazing. I can't find any other words for it. It sounds cliché, but I'm pretty sure sparks were flying.

When we pull away, blush has risen on her cheeks. I brush a hair away from her face, and smile.

"What?" She laughs.

"How did I end up with such a strong, beautiful woman?" I say.

Her cheeks redden and she brings me into a loving hug.

"You saw me, even when no one else did." She whispers.

We spend the rest of the day serving customers, and teasing each other. We have become so close in the past couple weeks it's unbelievable how much I have grown to love this girl.

***

*QUINS POV*

After our little encounter with Dylan and Maia, we all just returned home. I couldn't get those eyes, and the way she threw Wes with her mind out of my head! She's a White, I know it. I just don't understand how she hasn't been caught yet. Amity has been doing really well with their job, but how has Maia evaded their hands?

This morning, Wes, Flinn, and I went to Lily's and grabbed a booth in the back. We had texted Annabeth and told her to meet us at the diner.

When Annabeth had arrived, I saw that she had brought Jill, Lola, and Danny. I roll my eyes and groan.

"Annabeth did you have to bring all your friends?" I grumble.

"I didn't think you'd mind, so yes." She slides into the booth with her friends close behind.

"Now what was so important?" She drawls.

"Now I don't want to say." I shrug.

"Oh come on! I wanna hear this news of yours. And I'm not leaving." Jill comments.